3rd Forum on Teaching Excellence and Student Success
- Tuesday, September 20th
- 3:30-5 p.m.
- Student Union Building Ballroom
The 3rd Forum on Teaching Excellence and Student Success offers our campus community the opportunity to engage in focused discussion on questions related to student success at Texas Tech.
The event will feature moderated discussion areas, each devoted to a specific topic related to student success. The discussion topics emerged from points brought forward during the two previous Forums on Teaching Excellence and Student Success and were refined by a committee of students, faculty, and staff. The topics are:
- How do you (student, faculty, staff) know when students are successful? What are the indicators?
- What are barriers to student success at TTU?
- What is the single most effective thing TTU could do to better position students to succeed?
- What part of "student success" is the responsibility of the student?
- What role does mentorship play in student success? Who are the mentors?
Participants will have the opportunity to move between discussion areas according to their own interests and a team of students, faculty, and staff will moderate each discussion area. Join us for a continued campus conversation on Teaching Excellence and Student Success! We look forward to seeing you there!