The university offers a minor in Women's Studies. Goals of the minor include helping students reinterpret concepts of gender and gendered identities in different social, cultural, and political contexts.
Additionally, some women's studies courses fulfill the Social and Behavioral Sciences, Individual or Group Behavioral Sciences, and the Core Humanities requirements.
The Women's Studies Program is administered by the Director of Women's Studies. A minor consists of 18 hours of courses as approved by the director. Three of these courses must be Introduction to Women’s Studies WS 2300, Feminist Thought and Theories WS 4310, and Women’s Studies Seminar WS 4399. Courses counted toward a major field of study will not count toward completion of the Women’s Studies minor. Courses without a WS prefix may be used toward completion of the minor at the discretion of the director. (see below)
Undergrad Degree Plan
Curriculum Table for Minor (Undergraduate) in Women’s Studies - Download PDF
- The Women's Studies Program is an interdisciplinary academic program that examines the cultural and social construction of gender, explores the history, experiences and contributions of women to society, and studies the influences of gender on the lives of women and men.
- Students may minor in Women’s Studies by completing 18 hrs of selected course work. Courses for the minor are finalized and approved in conjnction with the Women’s Studies advisor.
- All required courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Other WS courses may be substituted, if approved, by the Director of the Women’s Studies Program.
- Contact the Undergraduate Advisor,
Tricia Earl, firstname.lastname@example.org, to make an appointment
There are *652 women’s and gender studies programs at community colleges, colleges, and universities in the U.S.
* Source: NWSA
What can I do with this Minor?
Special Approval Courses
Raiderlink (Class Schedules, Log In, Calendars, etc.)
Core Humanities Requirement
(Class Schedules, Log In, Calendars, etc.)
Big 12 W&GS Programs