Allen Theatre House & Stage Dimensions
Total Seating Capacity
- 936 Seats
- Continental Style
- 8 handicapped seating areas
- 90' wide x 75' deep (from front of apron to rear of house wall).
- Non Union (Student Technicians)
- There is wheelchair access into the theatre, located house left and house right.
- Sub floor consisting of (2) layers of 3/4" plywood, covered with flat-grain, tongue
and grooved, 25/32" Maple, and stained black.
- NO attachments to the stage floor are allowed.
- Height is adjustable via the Grand Teaser
- Height (maximum): 19'
- Width (maximum): 52'
Plaster Line To
- Back of house (sound control booth): 87'-0"
- D.S. edge of orchestra pit: 12'
- Last fly line: 40'
- First F.O.H. lighting beam position: 40'-0"
- Second F.O.H. lighting beam position: 55'-6"
- Front Box boom top: 40'-6"
- Rear Box boom top: 50'-6"
Stage Center Line To
- Fly rail: 42'-4"
- Company switch: 41'-10"
Stage Level To
- House floor: 3'-6"
- Fly gallery: 20'
- Loading bridge: 41'6"
- Gridiron: 46'
- Fly Height: 42'6"
House Center Line To
- Near Portals: 36'10"
- Far Portals: 37'4"
- Front to Rear: 12'6"
- Width (left to right): 50'
- 3 - 4' x 8' Trap style covers at center stage
Dressing Room Information
- All dressing rooms are below stage level, accessible by two staircases (SR and SL).
There are NO elevators to the dressing rooms.
- Each dressing room accommodates 18 to 25 people.
- They are equipped with mirrors, makeup lights, chairs, tables, and wardrobe racks.
- Bathrooms adjoin dressing rooms.
- Center Basement Area
- Washer / Dyer (1 set)
NOTE: Prior approval from the Allen Theatre Management Staff must be obtained.
- Rolling costume racks are available upon request.
- Quick Change Booths (none)
Loading Dock / Receiving Bay
- Loading dock is located on the east side of the building just west of Boston Avenue
- Loading dock is at stage level
- Loading dock doors open into SR wing
- There is no on site parking. Arrangements must be made, in advance, with the Manager
of Theatre Operations for use of loading dock area.
- Dock doors (open onto loading area) 7'11” (width) X 10' 9” (height)
- Dock height 3' 8" (height)
Architectural Designer: Atcheson & Atkinson, Texas
General Contractor: H. C. Lewis, Texas
Opening Date: September 1976