The functional genomics services include several custom services, such as gene cloning, gene expression and protein expression and characterization. The center provides training and technical assistance in the use of various molecular biology techniques and bioinformatic packages. The custom service includes the following:
- Nucleic acid purification.
- Perform Cloning, subcloning and site-directed mutagenesis.
- Hybridization analysis of nucleic acids.
- Protein/protein interactions.
- Gene expression analysis (qPCR and microarray analysis).
- Development of stable transgenic plants (Arabidopsis, Tobacco, Tomato and Cotton).
The center provides access to the following instruments:
GenePix 4200AL Microarray Scanner and GenePix Pro Software
This scanner is available for TTU researchers to scan hybridized slides. The GenePix scanner allows acquisition and analysis of expression data from DNA microarrays, protein microarrays, tissue arrays and cell arrays. For more information about the GenePix, visit the following link.
ABI 7500 quantitative PCR system
First time users need to contact the center staff to schedule a training session. To learn more about the ABI 7500, please visit the following sites:
Biomek 2000 Robotic work station
The Biomek 2000 Robotic station is used for high-throughput liquid handling.
To schedule time on these instruments please contact the center staff. Please familiarize yourself with XHTML and the information provided to you.