Welcome to the Center for Biotechnology & Genomics
Biotechnology and genomic research is a major focus at Texas Tech University. The Center for Biotechnology & Genomics is designed to capitalize on this strength by facilitating research partnerships between highly productive research teams that extend across departmental boundaries. Strong cooperative ties have been forged with academic institutions, federal laboratories, and companies in Texas and throughout the region.
Please download our new brochure that describes our services.
The center has three primary cores through which it provides research support and training. Click the downloadable PDF file of rates.
- Genomics (Rates)
- Bioinformatics (Rates)
- Mass Spectrometry Facilities--including Proteomics and Metabolomics (Rates)
- Multidisciplinary graduate studies in Biotechnology & Genomics leading to a Master of Science degree in Biotechnology which is designed to prepare students for technical positions in the rapidly growing
A list of core courses with links to PDFs of the syllabi are here.
- Within the MS program, we have created two tracks
- Biotechnology Applications Track
- Bioinformatics Track
- A joint MS/JD degree, a program in conjunction with the Texas Tech Law School
- Online Graduate Application!
News and Announcements
- Bio-Rad is coming March 10, 2017 to demonstrate ddSEQ Single-Cell Isolator. Mark your calendar!
- Welcome Class of 2017!
- Hear first hand about student experiences in our BTEC program.
- Texas Tech University
Canton & Main
Experimental Sciences Building, Room 101
Lubbock, TX 79409
Mail Stop 3132