International Teaching Assistant Workshop
2013 ITA Workshop: July 22 - August 9
Texas Tech University Operating Policy 64.03 requires that the appointment of international students as teaching assistants be made only after certification of English proficiency and readiness for the classroom. The International Teaching Assistant (ITA) Workshop is conducted each summer to assess and improve the language skills of prospective ITAs.
Academic departments refer students to the ITA program, which is required of all prospective ITAs. Currently, the program consists of a 3-week summer workshop; two follow-up courses are offered (ESL 5310—Classroom Management; ESL 5315—Academic Writing) for students whose evaluations during the workshop do not qualify them to teach immediately. (Please note: This is not a web site for information on graduate school admission.)
For information about the ITA Summer Workshop and other aspects of the ITA Training Program, please click on any of the links below.
- Meet the ITA Workshop leaders
- ITA Workshop Calendar
- History and Mandated Purpose of Workshop
- Information for Workshop Participants
- Information for Faculty/Department Advisors
- Information for NEW International Students
- For “ NEW Student Information on Pre-arrival to the USA ” visit http://www.iaff.ttu.edu/Main/ISSS/prearrival.asp
For information regarding ITA Workshop registration, please contact the academic advisor in your department at Texas Tech University. You cannot register yourself for the workshop. Only your TTU graduate advisor may do so.