Google Job Aids
Google Drive & Docs
iPad App List for Classroom
Engaging learners with Formative Assessment Tools
- Animoto – Gives students the ability to make a short, 30-second share video of what they learned in a given lesson.
- AudioNote – A combination of a voice recorder and notepad that captures both audio and notes for student collaboration.
- Formative Feedback for Learning – An iPad app that is designed to foster and encourage communication between students and teachers. Through a conference setting it uses icons to prompt discussions.
Integrating online assessments to check for understanding
- AnswerGarden – A tool for online brainstorming or polling, educators can use this real time tool to see student feedback on questions.
- Socrative – Socrative can be used for quick quizzes.
- Kahoot – Kahoot lets us build fun quizzes. Students use computers, cell phones, or other devices to join in the game.
Differentiated assessment tools to summarize the skills
- ExplainEverything – Explain Everything is an interactive whiteboard available for your device - use it for sharing knowledge, building understanding, personal productivity.
Audio & Visual Learning Materials
Capturing thinking and process with video, photos, and whiteboard apps
- iBrainstrom – Capturing and sharing your inner most creative genius has never been easier. From iPhone to iPad with just a flick of the finger, iBrainstorm has set the bar and has redefined the very nature of collaboration.
- iDea Sketch – Idea Sketch lets you easily draw a diagram - mind map, concept map, or flow chart - and convert it to a text outline, and vice versa. You can use Idea Sketch for anything, such as brainstorming new ideas, illustrating concepts, making lists and outlines, planning presentations, creating organizational charts, and more!
- Capture Pilot – Available as a free download from the Apple App store, Capture Pilot lets you present, rate and capture photos on an iPad, iPhone and iPod touch directly from Capture One Pro software.
- ShowMe Interactive Whiteboard – Turn your iPad into your personal interactive whiteboard!
- AudioBoo – An application for recording and sharing your voice with the world. The free version allows you create audio up to 3 minutes in length and post that to your own account on the web.
- HTRecorder – Makes it possible to record conversations throughout a large room, even in situations where the people talking are located several feet away from the phone.
- Fotobabble – Snap or select a photo. Speak into your microphone to record your voice and/or enhance your photo with visual effects.
- Puppet Pals HD – This app allows you to create your own shows using animation, audio, actors, backdrops and many more.
- Videolicious – allows you to create awesome video clips using both audio and pictures.social networks.
- Photopad – This is an easy to use photo editing app. Learners can use it to create awesome stories out of photos they work on.
- Padlet – Padlet is a digital canvas to create beautiful projects that are easy to share and collaborate on.
Creating documentary films to communicate understanding
- Shadow Puppet – Draw on screen, add emoji stickers, zoom and pan. Create videos to tell a story, explain an idea, or send a personalized message.
- CineSound FX. – CinesoundFX lets you choose between four different effects and sounds to apply to your videos, photos and sounds.
- iMovie – With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater.
- Green Screener – Get amazingly perfect green screen with Green Screener.
- Nova Elements – Engages students instantly with the option to browse an interactive periodic table, build atoms for each element, and watch high-quality video narrated by New York Times columnist David Pogue.
- Project Noah – Motivates high school students to investigate the wildlife around them.
- Storykit – allows users to easily create an electronic storybook via illustrations by drawing on the screen, using pictures and text, and recording audio to attach to stories.
- Idea Sketch – lets users easily draw a diagram and convert it to a text outline, and vice versa.
Annotating documents to promote comprehension
- Notability – Notability powerfully integrates handwriting, PDF annotation, typing, recording, and organizing so you can take notes your way!
- DocAs – DocAS lets you take note, sketch your ideas, annotate PDFs, convert other document format to PDF, do presentation, read documents, record your meetings and classes, and share your notes/documents on your iPad.
- Penultimate – Take notes, keep sketches, or share your next breakthrough idea.
- Diigo – Your all-purpose digital library on iPad - bookmarks, archives, annotations, notes, images, and screenshots.
- BookCreator - The simple way to create your own beautiful iBooks, right on the iPad.
- Skitch – Screen capture, crop, resize, sketch then share… Fast. Screen grab your desktop, web browser or apps.
- Comic Life – Everything you need for creating and sharing comics, including fun and quirky templates, stylized image filters, and an easy-to-use drag and drop placement.
- Chatterpix – Grab your camera! Let's ChatterPix! Chatterpix Kids can make anything talk -- pets,
friends, doodles, and more.
Simply take any photo, draw a line to make a mouth, and record your voice. Then share your Pix with friends and family as silly greetings, playful messages, creative cards, or even fancy book reports. And best of all, it's FREE!
Annotating photos and images to identify various elements
- Annotable – The free app will give you the usual doodle, text, arrows, rectangle and circle option.
- Pinpoint – You take screenshots. But sometimes you need to mark them up a bit before sharing them with your friends (or enemies). You know: point stuff out, blur out your business, jot down thoughts. Pinpoint's got you covered.
- Annotate – Annotate works more like Snapchat. When you open the app, it opens directly to the camera view where you can quickly take a photo and start annotating it.
- Paper – While it's easy to doodle and sketch in Paper, the new version lets you import an image by tapping the “Camera” icon.
- Animoto – Turn your photos into stunning, professional-quality videos, complete with music and text. Within minutes, you'll have an amazing video slideshow you can save and easily share with everyone.
- Corkulous – is a multi-purpose app containing cork boards where you can place notes, labels, photos, contacts, and tasks.
- InClass – Video notes, audio notes, photo notes! You name it! Just take out your iPhone or iPod Touch and start taking notes.
Creating engaging visual elements to increase student engagement and retention
- Keynote – Keynote is the most powerful presentation app ever designed for a mobile device. Built from the ground up for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, it makes creating a world-class presentation as simple as touching and tapping.
- Pages – Pages is the most beautiful word processor you've ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
- Let's Create – Let's create helps develop creativity, spatial cognition, visual perception skills, fine motor skills, hand eye coordination, imagination, and executive functions such as planning and organizing.
- Piktochart – The Piktochart iPad app comes along with the essential functions to create, download and publish your visuals.
- Inspiration Maps – Build beautiful diagrams, graphic organizers and outlines with ease.
- Codea – lets you create games and simulations — or just about any visual idea you have. Turn your thoughts into interactive creations that make use of iPad features like Multi-Touch and the accelerometer.
- Popplet – Exploring Ideas
- Kabaam – Creates & publishes your own comics with just a few taps. Take photos with your device's camera or import them from your photo library or from Facebook.
- Voicethread – Create and share dynamic conversations around documents, snapshots, diagrams and videos. You can talk, type, and draw right on the screen.
- ReplayNotes – An app that records your writing and voice, then converts it to YouTube video. You can create a video and share it just by clicking a few buttons.
Creating 3D models for learners
- 123 Design – Create amazing 3D printable designs, right on your iPad.
- 123D Catch – Use your camera to capture the people, places and things around you as amazingly realistic 3D experiences.
- 123D Sculpt – Choose a shape from the library of creatures, humans, vehicles, and more. Then push, pull and paint to make the sculpture your own.
Organizing learning in a one iPad classroom
- Class Dojo – Behavior Management tracking tool for the teacher.
- Skitch – Teacher uses it to annotate diagrams, or gets students to annotate for the class to see
- StickPick – Use Stick Pick to help kids take turns.
- Tick-tock – Classroom Timer counts down to the next activity.
- Too Noisy – Lets students know if they are being too loud.
- Random Fact of the Day – Invite kids to take turns sharing the Random Fact of the Day.
- PowerMyLearning Connect – This app is a free platform to personalize instruction and inspire student-driven learning. Designed for K-12 students, educators, and parents, it offers a flexible way to implement blended learning.
- ShowMe Interactive Whiteboard – Allows you to record voice-over whiteboard tutorials and share them online. Drop images from your photo library to write over or around.
- Board cam – Transforms your iPad in an enhanced document camera or a whiteboard. Perform live dynamic presentations of objects, interact with images stored in your device and draw on a whiteboard without changing of application... while you record a video of all that! What you do is what they see.
- SimpleMind – Mind mapping tool that turns your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch into a brainstorming, idea collection and thought structuring device.
- SlideRocket – offers users several features such as : show presentations , share presentations any time they want, invite someone to view a presentation using a simple link, download presentations for offline playing,and show YouTube or embedded videos directly from slides.
- Idea Flight – This is another cool iOS app that lets users : share presentations with others, display presentations on an external monitor for large audiences as well as on simultaneously up to 30 or more iPads on Wi-Fi.
- Slideshark – This is a great free app for showing and sharing presentations on the iPad. It also provides analytics to your presentations.
- Xavier Presentation – This is an app used for advanced interactive presentations shown on multiple iPad devices.
- SlideGrabber – This iOS app offers users the ability to : take photos of the slides with auto-cropping, take notes directly from slides, organize slides by presentations, and email slide image or save it to the photo library.
Organizing learning in 1:1 iPad classroom
- Showbie – Paperless Classroom- With Showbie, you can quickly and easily assign, collect and review student work on your iPad, then provide rich feedback to your students by adding annotations, text notes and voice notes directly onto their documents.
- Teacher Toolkit – Create a seating chart, record attendance, log behavior, and track grades all with few taps.
- Nearpod – The Nearpod platform enables teachers to use their iPads to manage content on students' iPads, iPhones, iPods or Macs. It combines presentation, collaboration, and real-time assessment tools into one integrated solution.
- The Brainstormer – A tactile tool to randomly combine a plot, a subject and a setting or style, the Brainstormer provides a moment of inspiration for writers, painters, or any creative mind.
Close reading strategies with digital text
- Inference Clues – Reading Comprehension Skills & Practice for Kids Who Need Help to Become Stronger Readers
- Kindle – Customize your reading experience by choosing margin size, line spacing, background color, font size, font style, and either portrait or landscape format.
- iAnnotate PDF – Use iAnnotate to read, markup, and share PDF, DOC, PPT and image files.
- Acceleread Speed Reading Trainer – Acceleread is the #1 Speed Reading App on iTunes and the most effective speed reading course available.
- Fluency Timer Pro – Fluency Timer is an adjustable timer that automatically records students' fluency readings for playback and sharing.
- iBooks – iBooks lets you lose yourself in a good story from the comfort of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You'll find classics, bestsellers, up-and-coming authors, and even audiobooks—ready to download and enjoy.
- Seesaw: The Learning Journal – Seesaw is a student-driven digital portfolio that empowers students of any age to independently document what they are learning at school and share it with their teachers, parents, classmates, and even the world.
Documenting literacy growth with audio recording
- Sound Cloud – SoundCloud is the world's leading social sound platform, with over ten hours of music & audio posted every minute by the world's largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and other creators.
- AudioBoo – Audioboo is an application for recording and sharing your voice with the world.
- Fotobable – Fotobabble lets you capture moments in real-time and share with your audience.
- Pocket Wavepad – A free sound editor for recording, editing, adding effects, and sending audio, Pocket WavePad allows you to record voice or music, then edit the recording and add effects to achieve high quality audio recordings.
- Quick Voice Recorder – QuickVoice is the most popular, full-featured iPhone/iPad/iPod voice recorder available.
Utilizing dictation and speech support for accessibility and literacy
- iSpeech – Type in text and listen with the iSpeech App. iSpeech converts text to speech with the best sounding voices anywhere. Simply enter any text and iSpeech will instantly read the words.
- Speak It – Copy emails, documents, web pages, PDF files, and more; paste them into Speak it!, and have the text spoken back to you with the highest quality text to speech engine available anywhere.
- Speech Magnet – Fast Text to Speech! Copy any text then launch Speech Magnet. In Less than a second, your copied text is being spoken. Speech Magnet can automatically speak the clipboard contents on launch.
- FlipGrid – FlipGrid is an active, social learning platform that engages learners through video-based discussion. The app extends the web-based environment and creates new possibilities for reflection, discussion, demonstration and collaboration.
Experiential learning in Mathematics
- DragonBox – Touted as the game that “secretly teaches algebra,” this math education app has won a number of significant awards for children's educational games.
- Mathalicious – Mathalicious is not only real-world based math, but it's interactive and aligned with the CCSS. This online math education app puts students into fun, relevant situations.
Using simple animation to illustrate complex ideas
- Educreations – Educreations allows you to create short video recordings that can include your own voice, text, drawings, sketches, and pictures.
- FlipBook – FlipBook has everything you need to get started animating, from an eraser to onion skinning to layered drawing.
- My Stop Action – Your movies are made up of a series of photos - take each photo in turn, with a semi-transparent overlay (onion skin) of the previous frame to guide you.
- Animation Creator – With simple, yet powerful drawing tools such as brush styles, color palettes and sliders, layers, shake to undo, and easy to use frame management, there's no limits holding back your imagination!
Gamification tools to increase engagement
- DueProps – An employee-appreciation game designed to recognize everyday work efforts, DueProps deploys gamification to incentivize and reward coworkers.
- KnowRe – It is a math program for middle and high school students that delivers the right content at the right time to the students and helps teachers to keep a track of students' performance by proving right data and insights about the students' performance.
- MineCraft Edu – MinecraftEdu provides products and services that make it easy for educators to use Minecraft in the classroom.
- Course Hero – Course Hero is a platform all about improving learning outcome by sharing study documents, finding tutors and asking questions.
Educational Data Management
Making decisions and meaning from data
- stats! Statistics Learning and Decision Tool – The app contains information on the underlying concepts, mechanics and interpretations of the major tools of data analysis.
- Cost Data Analysis – With this application you would know how to process, develop, and ultimately analyze business costs and other financial data.
- ACT Math : Data Analysis Lite – Prepare to achieve the ACT scores you need to get into your top choice schools.
- Numbers – Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
GoReact Job Aid
Our GoReact support service is for College of Education instructors and students. We provide tutorials and technical support to ensure a confident completion of the task to be done using GoReact (Easy online video feedback). Here are few Job Aids.