Essentials of Business Graduate Certificate
The Essentials of Business Graduate Certificate provides tools for a wide variety of business areas, including accounting, finance, management, ISQS, and marketing. The certificate is designed to teach the fundamentals needed to demonstrate business knowledge to prospective employers. Courses in this certificate may be utilized toward the M.B.A. degree at acceptance and may be used as electives in other degree programs.
- 12 credit hours
- May be started within 12 hrs. of completion of undergraduate degree
- All certificate classes are offered in online format
- To receive certificate, students must possess a bachelor's degree
- Students are not required to enroll in a certain number of courses each semester, so completion time varies by individual. Learn more about the difference between part-time and full-time Student status.
- Semester-based courses align with the Academic Calendar of Texas Tech University. New students may enroll at the beginning of any one of the four semesters throughout the year
Although there is no application deadline, potential students are encouraged to submit all application materials at least two months prior to projected initial enrollment.
- Complete the Graduate Admissions application.
$60 initial application fee or $50 for each subsequent application (including changes of entry date, add/change program requests, or readmission requests).
- Students who plan to pursue only the Agricultural Communications Leadership Graduate Certificate and do not plan to earn a master's degree do not need to submit Graduate Records Exam (GRE) scores to the University.
- Applicants must have official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended sent to Texas Tech University Graduate School.
- International students must also submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score to the Graduate School.
- Rawls College of Business has an application that must be completed independent of the application to Graduate School. Please see our requirements here.
- Check the Applications tab in your Raiderlink for notification of a change in your admissions status.
- Faculty advisors in our building only work with PhD students, not Master's or Certificate students. There is no degree plan for Certificate students.
Certificate programs can be pursued independently or concurrently with a master's program. Students must choose 12 hours from the courses listed. Get additional course information.
|Number||Title||Description||Frequency of Offering||Prerequisite||Distance Offering|
|ACCT 5301||Financial & Managerial Accounting||The objectives, structure, and substance of financial reports and management accounting. The use of accounting in the management of an organization.||Fall, Spring, Summer||None||Yes|
|FIN 5320||Financial Management Concepts||Essential financial management concepts with applications to financial decision making in organizations. Emphasis on cases and computer financial models.||Fall, Spring, Summer||ACCT 5301||Yes|
|MGT 5371||Managing Organizational Behavior & Organizational Design||Examine management of individual, interpersonal, group and intergroup relations, organizational design, and the organization's role in a rapidly changing environmental and global context.||Fall, Spring, Summer||None||Yes|
|MKT 5360||Marketing Concepts & Strategies||Examine marketing functions, the institutions which perform them, and the study of marketing planning, strategy, and tactics. The course includes the organization, execution, and control of the marketing effort.||Fall, Spring, Summer||None||Yes|
|ISQS 5331||Operations Management, Management Science & Information Technology for Managers||Examines information technology in organizations and its use in improving business process and decisions for sustainable competitive advantage.||Fall, Spring, Summer||None||Yes|
For the Essentials of Business Certificate to be awarded, a student must have a Rawls GPA of 3.0 or higher.
While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy in reporting courses, policies and other statements, the University reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice.
Are you a prospective TTU eLearning student?
Please enter the information below and a representative from eLearning will contact you shortly.
eLearning & Academic Partnerships
AddressTexas Tech Plaza | 1901 University Avenue, Suite 513 | Lubbock, Texas 79410-5095 || Mailing: Box 45095 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5095
PhoneOffice (806) 742-7227 || Student Support (806) 853-5153 or toll-free (844) 897-0537