Essentials of Business Graduate Certificate
The 12-hour Graduate Certificate in Essentials of Business provides tools for a wide variety of business areas, including accounting, finance, management, ISQS, and marketing. Courses in this certificate may be utilized toward the M.B.A. degree at acceptance and may be used as electives in other degree programs.
- 12 credit hours
- All courses are offered online.
- Prerequisite: bachelor's degree
- Students are not required to enroll in a certain number of courses each semester, so completion time varies by individual. Learn more about the difference between part-time and full-time Student status..
- Semester-based courses align with the Academic Calendar of Texas Tech University. New students may enroll at the beginning of any one of the four semesters throughout the year.
Although there is no application deadline, potential students are encouraged to submit all application materials at least two months prior to projected initial enrollment.
- Complete the ApplyTexas application.
- When asked to select your major, you will choose Graduate Certificate Program.
- When asked to indicate your major area of interest/specialty, type Essentials of Business.
- When asked what degree you will seek, choose Certification.
- In the Custom Questions section of the application, be sure to choose Essentials of Business from the list of available Graduate Certificate programs.
- If you are outside of Texas Tech, you need to complete the ApplyTexas application for a Certificate program. However, if you are currently a graduate student you DO NOT need to do ApplyTexas, you just need an ADD/CHANGE form.
- Complete additional application as outlined by the Texas Tech University Graduate School.
- $60 initial application fee or $50 for each subsequent application (including changes of entry date, add/change program requests, or readmission requests).
- Students who plan to pursue only the Agricultural Communications Leadership Graduate Certificate and do not plan to earn a master's degree do not need to submit Graduate Records Exam (GRE) scores to the University.
- Applicants must have official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended sent to Texas Tech University Graduate School.
- International students must also submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score to the Graduate School.
- Rawls College of Business has an application that must be completed independent of the application to Graduate School. Please see our requirements here.
- Check the Applications tab in your Raiderlink for notification of a change in your admissions status.
- Faculty advisors in our building only work with PhD students, not Master's or Certificate students. There is no degree plan for Certificate students.
Certificate programs can be pursued independently or concurrently with a master's
program. All courses are offered online. Get additional course information.
Required Courses: 12 hours
|Number||Title||Frequency of Offering||Prerequisite||Distance Offering|
|ACCT 5301||Financial and Managerial Accounting||Fall, Spring, Summer||None||Yes|
|FIN 5320||Financial Management Concepts||Fall, Spring, Summer||ACCT 5301||Yes|
|MGT 5371||Managing Organizational Behavior & Organizational Design||Fall, Spring, Summer||None||Yes|
|MKT 5360||Marketing Concepts and Strategies||Fall, Spring, Summer||None||Yes|
|ISQS 5331||Information Technology and Operations Management||Fall, Spring, Summer||None||Yes|
For the Essentials of Business Certificate to be awarded, a student must have a Rawls GPA of 3.0 or higher.
While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy in reporting courses, policies and other statements, the University reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice.
Are you a prospective TTU eLearning student?
Please enter the information below and a representative from eLearning will contact you shortly.
eLearning & Academic Partnerships
AddressTexas Tech Plaza | 1901 University Avenue, Suite 513 | Lubbock, Texas 79410-5095 || Mailing: Box 45095 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5095
PhoneOffice (806) 742-7227 || Student Support (806) 853-5153 or toll-free (844) 897-0537