Recommended Core Ethical Values
The following recommended core ethical values were developed based on research by
the program founder, Dr. Ron Bucknam, for the development of an applied ethics in
professional practice program to assist in evolving solutions to ethical dilemmas
encountered in professional practice.
- Integrity, including
- Exercising good judgment in professional practice; and
- Adherence to ethical principles.
- Honesty, including
- Fairness; and
- Fidelity, including
- Faithfulness to clients;
- Allegiance to the public trust;
- Loyalty to employer, firm or agency;
- Loyalty to the profession; and
- For the theist, faithfulness to God.
- Charity, including
- Good will;
- Compassion/mercy; and
- Adherence to the Golden Rule.
- Responsibility, including
- Accountability; and
- Self-Discipline, including
- Acting with reasonable restraint; and
- Not indulging in excessive behavior.