The National Wind Institute is dedicated to developing educational and professional programs to meet the workforce demand of the wind energy industry. In a partnership between Texas Tech University and Texas State Technical College, with initial funding from the Texas Workforce Commission, NWI provides leadership in technical, managerial, and professional education for the future of the wind industry.
Whether you're an employee searching for the opportunity to advance your career or an employer looking for ways to enhance your workforce, our hope is to help educate those who will power tomorrow.
- Students and Others
- "Run on the Wind" summer camp on YouTube (a program for grades 7-11 with TTU IDEAL)
- The 2014 "Run on the Wind" summer camp has now finished, but details to come about 2015.
COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE / GRADUATE / Ph.D
- Certificate and Credential Programs in Wind Energy
- Undergraduate (B.S.)
- Ph.D. in Wind Science and Engineering
- Frequently Requested Forms for Students, Faculty and Staff
**NEW** WIND ENERGY GRADUATE CREDENTIAL PROGRAM WITH DNV GLTTU’s National Wind Institute (NWI) is proudly collaborating with industry leader, DNV GL, to provide an on-line and in-class credential that includes case-studies focused on up-to-date issues in the wind power field. This program is for wind energy professionals or those interested in the renewable electric power industry, and allows students to receive a TTU Credential in Wind Energy (co-branded with DNV GL) after completing just two Wind Energy classes. NOTE: This credential program is open to undergraduate students who are within 12 hours of graduation and who have at least a "B" grade average and who have the permission of the Dean and their Academic Advisor.
WIND ENERGY GRADUATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMOur certificate in wind energy offers professionals post-Baccalaureate level training options in six topic areas relevant to the industry. You may choose to take individual courses or complete the Graduate Certificate program by completing five of the six offerings and obtain a professional certificate in Wind Energy.
For Schools/Colleges: Curriculum Licensing Opportunities
- 2-Year Transfer Curriculum
- Current Licensees
Continuing Ed. Courses for Builders, Designers and Consumers
- Community Safe Room Design and Construction (on-line course from the International Code Council)
- ICC Residential Safe Room Design and Construction (on-line course from the International Code Council)
For All Things Wind: TTU National Wind Institute.