Texas Tech University's National Wind Institute (NWI) is based on a strong foundation of more than 40 years of research and education on the impact of wind on structures and human life.
To bring together All Things Wind, TTU has created the NWI to better support the interdisciplinary research and educational opportunities in wind science, engineering and energy.
Click here for the "State of the Institute Address" by NWI Interim Director Dr. Daan Liang (Spring 2017).
For All Things Wind, consider TTU's National Wind Institute.
New West Texas Mesonet App Now Available!
NWI is proud to announce that there is now a free app available from the West Texas Mesonet Network. Just download the app to get your personalized weather forecast and almost any kind of local weather information that you'd like (including historical data).
To learn more about the app, check out this TTU Today article for more information.
(Above) - NWI recently bade farewell to Dr. Audra Morse and Dr. Stephen Morse who are leaving TTU for new adventures at Michigan Tech University. Both have been extremely supportive of NWI endeavors, and we wish them well as they start their new adventures. Thank you.
(Image above L-R) - Dr. Stephen Morse, Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil, Environmental, and Construction Engineering, receives a plaque from NWI Interim Director, Dr. Daan Liang, in gratitude of his support over the past 18 years.
News and Announcements:
• June 21, 2017 The new edition of the May 2017 NWI newsletter has just been released...
• June 06, 2017 NWI co-founder Kishor Mehta featured in radio's Texas Standard story
• May 23, 2017 KTTZ features NWI's Kishor Mehta in Communicator in a Cart web series
• May 22, 2017 NWI hosts Wellman-Union ISD students for tour
• May 15, 2017 NWI hosts Bayless Elementary School students for tour
• May 12, 2017 The new edition of the April 2017 NWI newsletter has just been released...
• May 11, 2017 NWI faculty affiliate collaborates with TTU artist to visualize lightning data
• May 09, 2017 Save the date: 2nd Workshop on Probabilistic Prognostics and Health Management of Energy Systems
• May 08, 2017 NWI proud to host U.S. Forest Service visitors for field tour
• May 02, 2017 NWI co-founder Dr. Kishor Mehta nominated for TTU Global Vision Lifetime Achievement Award