Excellence in Teaching Award
This award recognizes a RaiderReady Instructor for serving as a mentor to and displaying a passion for first-year students at Texas Tech University. RaiderReady is not a requirement for any instructor; rather, it serves as an additional duty stemming from a desire to assist our first-year students' transition to the university successfully. This award serves to recognize that the recipient has gone above and beyond due to their intrinsic passion for student success. Recipients will receive an award stipend during the annual year in which the award is given.
Recipients must have taught a section of the RaiderReady course. Award recipients will be selected based on the below criteria:
- Demonstrate passion for the success of freshmen students
- Display innovative teaching methods for the varied learning styles of freshmen students
- Create a safe and open environment to foster student growth in intellect and ability to forge relationships
- Encourage student success beyond the classroom
- Support students in identifying and pursuing educational and career goals
- Serve as a mentor to get students engaged on campus
In addition, available student feedback (e.g., emails, evaluations, etc.) may be considered by the review committee.
Nomination letters must include: a brief narrative (approximately 500-750 words) that addresses the guidelines above, including specific examples demonstrating how each point was met. (Self-nominations will be accepted with a letter of support).
Submissions must be received by November 16, 2016. Submissions may be sent electronically to email@example.com.