Qualifications for membership
- Evidence of teaching excellence at Texas Tech
- Evidence of promoting teaching improvement at Texas Tech
- Must be nominated by a current Teaching Academy member and recommended by a second Teaching Academy member
- Must be a full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty, full-time professor of practice, or full-time instructor who has been at Texas Tech for a minimum of three years (completed six long semesters)
The online application is currently closed for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Applicants must have letters of recommendation from the nominator and one other current member of the Teaching Academy (Note: Teaching Academy members may support only one candidate per year)
- Nominations are solicited from and made by Teaching Academy members only, not by academic units. Colleges and departments should not pre-screen nominations
- Nominees will be evaluated by a committee elected from the full membership of the Teaching Academy. Selection will be based solely on the merit of the applicant, not on the number of potential memberships available
- Applications that do not conform to the criteria set forth in the Application Guide will not be considered by the Selection Committee
- Applications will be pre-screened by the Chair of the Executive Council of the Teaching Academy and the Chair of the Selection Committee to ensure they conform with requirements
- Applications that conform with application criteria will be made available for review by Selection Committee members prior to the committee meeting
- The Selection Committee will consider the supplied information with special attention paid to evidence of sustained teaching excellence at Texas Tech University. All applicants will be judged by the same criteria
- Decisions by the Selection Committee are final
- Each year the selection committee will review the process and make recommendations for refining the selection process
As of November 2019, the Executive Council voted to alter the submission deadlines for Teaching Academy new member application. The deadline for nomination and recommendation letters will be 10 days after the applications are due.