Lawrence Schovanec Teaching Development Scholarships
Call for Applicants/Lawrence Schovanec Teaching Development Scholarships
Submission Deadline- Monday, November 28, 2016 by 5:00 p.m.
The Teaching Academy is offering several scholarships (up to $1,500 each) for faculty members interested in attending a conference dedicated to teaching and learning. All tenure-track and tenured faculty are eligible for this scholarship, but at least one will be earmarked for a non-Teaching Academy member. Applicants should submit a short statement (3 page maximum, including the cover page) with the following items:
- Cover page with applicant name, title, date.
- Conference details (including title, location, dates, costs/how you would spend the
$1,500). *Travel must be completed by the end of the 2016-2017 fiscal year, which concludes
on August 31, 2017.
- Justification statement:
- What do you hope to gain from attending this conference? (1-2 paragraphs)
- How will this conference impact your teaching effectiveness? (1-2 paragraphs)
- Describe a workshop that you might be able to offer at the TLPDC based on what you anticipate learning at the conference.
Submit all applications by Monday, November 28, 2016 by 5:00 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed by the Lawrence Schovanec Scholarship Selection Committee from the Teaching Academy. Each year, all recipients of the scholarships will be expected to speak at a future TLPDC event after their conference experience. Recipients may also be asked to serve on subsequent selection committees for the scholarship.