Lawrence Schovanec Teaching Development Scholarships
Call for Applicants/Lawrence Schovanec Teaching Development Scholarships
The Teaching Academy is offering several scholarships (up to $1,500 each) for faculty members interested in attending a conference dedicated to teaching and learning. All full -time professors of practice, full-time instructors, tenure-track and tenured faculty are eligible for this scholarship, but at least one will be earmarked for a non-Teaching Academy member. Applicants should submit a short statement (3 page maximum, including the cover page) with the following items:
- Cover page with applicant name, title, date.
- Conference details (including title, location, dates, costs/how you would spend the
$1,500). *Travel must be completed by the end of the 2017-2018 fiscal year, which concludes
on August 31, 2018.
- Justification statement:
- What do you hope to gain from attending this conference? (1-2 paragraphs)
- How will this conference impact your teaching effectiveness? (1-2 paragraphs)
- Describe a workshop that you might be able to offer at the TLPDC based on what you anticipate learning at the conference.
Submit all applications by November 27th at midnight online at this link. Applications will be reviewed by the Lawrence Schovanec Scholarship Selection Committee
from the Teaching Academy. Each year, all recipients of the scholarships will be expected
to design and present a poster presentation at the annual John M. Burns Conference
in the fall after their conference experience. Recipients may also be asked to serve
on subsequent selection committees for the scholarship. For questions, please contact