The model EffaCoater from E. F. Fullam Inc. is a sputter coater designed for coating non-conductive specimens for SEM analysis. It has an integrated solid-state timer for repeatable coatings and inert gas bleed fittings to prevent oxidative breakdown diring the coating process. Targets are available with magnetic field deflection to prevent sample heat damage.
- Operating Vacuum: 200-300 mm Hg.
- Operating Current: Up to 200 mA-High Rate
- Pumping Time: 20-60 seconds (dependent on pump capacity)
- Target Life: High Rate-1-2 years, depending on usage
- Gold (40%)-Palladium (60%)
The system also includes a Cressington MTM10 thickness monitor. The monitor is based on the principle that the oscillating frequency of a quartz crystal is changed by the mass of a deposited film on its upper face.
- Microprocessor based, 4-digit display, push-button zero
- 60 MHz crystal with lifetime check with a 5 second update rate
- Thickness range : 0.0 – ±999.9 nm
- Resolution: 0.1 nm gold
- Density range: 0.50 – 30.00 g/cm3
- Tool factor range: 0.25 – 8.0