Welcome to the Department of Chemical Engineering at Texas Tech University. We provide broad-based programs resulting in B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees. With eighteen tenure-track or tenured faculty members, one professor of practice, and one research professor, the department serves over 500 undergraduates and over 80 graduate students.
The department prides itself on its commitment to excellence in all areas of teaching, research, and service. Our graduate program is ranked 38th of public programs in Chemical Engineering, and our faculty scholarly productivity is ranked in the top 50 according to Academic Analytics. We also pride ourselves on a strong undergraduate curriculum with hands-on learning and pragmatic instruction from faculty with industrial experience. Take a look at our news and web pages to learn more about Chemical Engineering at Texas Tech!
- Nathan Wilson awarded 225k NASA Training Grant
- Dr. Jasim Uddin awarded an Outstanding Dissertation Award for 2020 in the category of Mathematics, Physical Sciences, and Engineering.
- TTU Chemical Engineering First Year Welcome
- TTU Chemical Engineering in the Fight Against COVID-19
- TTU Chemical Engineering Recognized
- Congratulations to our Spring 2020 Graduates! UPDATE: Recording Now Available!
Research Aims to Eliminate Peanut Allergies
Dr. Harvinder Singh Gill is leading a team of researchers at Texas Tech University
focussing on eliminating peanut allergies through a $ 3.3 million grant from the National
Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, a division of the National Institutes
of Health (NIH). "The overall goal of this grant is to create an immunotherapy for
Read more »