Welcome to the Department of Chemical Engineering at Texas Tech University. We provide broad-based programs resulting in B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees. With eighteen tenure-track or tenured faculty members, one professor of practice, and one research professor, the department serves over 500 undergraduates and over 80 graduate students.
The department prides itself on its commitment to excellence in all areas of teaching, research, and service. Our graduate program is ranked 38th of public programs in Chemical Engineering, and our faculty scholarly productivity is ranked in the top 50 according to Academic Analytics. We also pride ourselves on a strong undergraduate curriculum with hands-on learning and pragmatic instruction from faculty with industrial experience. Take a look at our news and web pages to learn more about Chemical Engineering at Texas Tech!
- EAB Panel: Featuring and Transition Out of the Pandemic
- Spring 2021 Senior Celebration
- Chemical Engineering Professor Developing Indoor COVID-19 Detector
- Texas Tech University President's Innovation Award
- Tech professor prepares to unleash Ultrafast COVID-19 Diagnostic Sensor
- Worm Experiment to the ISS
- Spring 2021 ChE Undergraduate Tutoring