Welcome to the Department of Chemical Engineering at Texas Tech University. We provide broad-based programs resulting in B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees. With eighteen tenure-track or tenured faculty members, one professor of practice, and one research professor, the department serves over 500 undergraduates and over 80 graduate students.
The department prides itself on its commitment to excellence in all areas of teaching, research, and service. Our graduate program is ranked 38th of public programs in Chemical Engineering, and our faculty scholarly productivity is ranked in the top 50 according to Academic Analytics. We also pride ourselves on a strong undergraduate curriculum with hands-on learning and pragmatic instruction from faculty with industrial experience. Take a look at our news and web pages to learn more about Chemical Engineering at Texas Tech!
- Dr. Simon receives a National Science Foundation award.
- National Science Foundation offers Dr. Li grant for cancer research.
- Chemical Engineering is ranked #23 on the 2020 Best Colleges list
- Researchers Awarded Grant From the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas
- Alex Zapata won the $ 1000 NATAS Student Award
Research Aims to Eliminate Peanut Allergies
Dr. Harvinder Singh Gill is leading a team of researchers at Texas Tech University
focussing on eliminating peanut allergies through a $ 3.3 million grant from the National
Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, a division of the National Institutes
of Health (NIH). "The overall goal of this grant is to create an immunotherapy for
Read more »