Applied Vision Lab
Applied Vision Laboratory's Mission
The Applied Vision Laboratory conceives, designs, and implements computer vision systems with applications in medicine, agriculture and bio-chemical systems. Systems developed at AVL aim to automate manual tasks that require visual information processing and interpretation.
The applied research conducted at AVL includes:
- Machine learning and pattern recognition
- Computer vision
- Image segmentation via deformable models
- Content-based image compression
- Texture modeling and characterization
- Feature extraction, analysis, and classification
- Artifical intelligence based spectrogram detection
Contact Dr. Hamed Sari-Sarraf (email@example.com) if you are interested in doing research in any of those areas above, or if you have a project of your own that could be considered correlated to those areas.