Grant Tinsley, Ph.D.
Phone: (806) 834-5895
- 2016 - Ph.D., Kinesiology, Exercise Nutrition, and Health Promotion, Baylor University, Waco, TX
- 2013 - M.S., Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- 2012 - B.S., Human Sciences (major: Nutritional Sciences), Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- 2012 - B.S., Physiology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
Certifications and Additional Education
- 2021 - Medical Statistics Certificate, Stanford University School of Medicine
- 2020 - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, with distinction (CSCS,*D), National Strength and Conditioning Association
- 2017 - Certified Sports Nutritionist (CISSN), International Society of Sports Nutrition
- 2013 - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Evaluation of body composition assessment techniques
- Influence of intermittent fasting on health and physical performance
- Nutrition strategies to improve exercise performance, body composition, and health
Current Courses Taught
- KIN 3347 Physiological Application of Nutrition to Exercise and Physical Activity
- KIN 5338 Human Body Composition
- KIN 5358 Ergogenic Aids and Human Performance
- KIN 7104 Doctoral Seminar
Selected Awards and Honors
- Excellence in Research Award, College of Arts & Sciences, Texas Tech University. 2021.
- Nutritional Research Achievement Award, National Strength and Conditioning Association, 2021. Link to press release.
- New Faculty Award, Texas Tech Alumni Association, 2019. Link to article.
- Best Paper Award, European Journal of Sports Science, 2018. Link to conference summary.
- Faculty Recognition Award, Mortar Board and Omicron Delta Kappa, 2018.
Department of Kinesiology & Sport Management
AddressBox 43011, Texas Tech University, 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409