We offer one of the largest undergraduate programs at Texas Tech University with over 1,700 students.
Bachelor of Science Degrees
Rules for incoming or current students to change major to Kinesiology or Sport Management
- First-year students, sophomores (below 60 credit hours), and students under a 2.75 GPA must meet with an advisor each semester.
- At the end of each long semester (excludes summer school) all students who have a TTU GPA of 2.5 or higher are considered in Good Standing.
- In any semester in which a student's TTU GPA is below 2.5 the student will be placed on probation and has one long semester to raise his or her TTU GPA to 2.5 or higher. Students will be notified by email and mail if they are put on probation. A hold will be placed on the student's record so he or she cannot preregister without meeting with an advisor.
- If the student on probation fails to raise his or her TTU GPA to 2.5 or higher he or she will be suspended from their degree program.
- If a student raises his or her TTU GPA to 2.5 or higher, he or she may file a new degree plan to major in Kinesiology or Sport Management. This student is subject to the degree requirements existing at time of his or her readmission into one of these majors.
- A Kinesiology or Sport Management major may repeat a course in the major only once if he or she received a grade lower than a C. If the student makes a D or F in the same course a second time, he or she will be suspended from the major.
- A Kinesiology or Sport Management major may only take a maximum of four course repeats in courses required in either major.
- If a student is suspended from the major, he or she will be dropped from all classes in the major and have a hold placed on his or her account. The student will need to file a degree plan with a different major and provide proof of the Change of Major with the KSM advisor to remove the hold.
Department of Kinesiology & Sport Management
AddressBox 43011, Texas Tech University, 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409