Sport Management Undergraduate Internships
The internship is the "capstone" experience for undergraduate Sport Management students. It should be an interesting, challenging, and enjoyable experience for all students. The internship allows the student to work and learn outside of the classroom at an approved site selected by the student. This program is designed to be a mutually beneficial experience and provide a practical, experiential learning environment for competent, energetic students. The internship will also extend a service to the cooperating site/facility by providing a new source of ideas, leadership, and potential candidates for employment.
Students must be a SPMT Major (minors & concentrations are not eligible) and Senior status (by hours) to enroll in the course.
The internship serves several purposes:
- To offer students the opportunity to learn new information and skills outside of the classroom
- To teach students how to apply the knowledge and skills learned through the Sport Management curriculum courses to "real life" situations
- To assess the student's level of preparation to enter professional practice in the Sport Management professions
SPMT 4376/4378 - Sport Management Internship Information
- SPMT Internship FAQ
- SPMT Internship Guide - 2022
- SPMT Internship Verification Form
NOTE: This is the form you need to submit for a permit for the course.
SPMT Internship Course Deadlines
Paperwork to enroll in the internship course(s) must be submitted by the following deadlines:
- Spring 2024 Semester – Wednesday, January 3rd
Current Internship Opportunities
- Hurricane Junior Golf Tour
- TTU Ticket Office
- Harris County - Houston Sports Authority
- National High School Basketball Association Internship
- US Center for Mental Health & Sport
For More Information
Department of Kinesiology & Sport Management
AddressBox 43011, Texas Tech University, 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409