Clinical Exercise Physiology Internship
This opportunity is only available to students in the Exercise Physiology concentration of the Masters in Kinesiology program at Texas Tech University. Three academic credit hours is equal to 300 hours of clinical internship work hours in a clinical rehabilitative setting for students completing coursework in the Exercise Physiology Track. The course is listed as a pass (P) or fail (F) only and will not have an associated letter grade. You will receive a CR if you do not finish your hours or complete the projects in the semester you are enrolled.
There is a required pre-semester meeting held one month prior to the start of the term (August meeting for the Fall term, December meeting for the Spring term). During the course term there will be 3 - 4 required meetings. All meetings are virtual via Zoom and every internship student must attend. These meetings are in addition to the required on-site work hours. Students will receive a meeting invitation from the internship director at TTU via your TTU email account.
- Nine hours of graduate work in Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Pre-Requisites to internship On-Site Hours
KIN 5304. Clinical Internship. Prerequisites: 9 hours clinical exercise physiology coursework; 3 hours TTU credit = 300 hours on-site experience; approval of the TTU Clinical Internship Director is required for registration.
A completed application and acceptance by the clinical site internship coordinator is required for enrollment into KIN 5304 to be approved. Registration for Texas Tech University (TTU) KIN5403 course credit does not ensure an internship position, students must be accepted at an off campus clinical site prior to enrollment.
University Medical Center
- Internship Application
- Contact Ezekil Nino by phone or email at 806.775.8950 Ezekiel.Nino@umchealthsystem.com
Covenant Lifestyle Center
- Internship Application
- Email application and supporting documents to Lauren Henry at email@example.com
Brownfield Regional Medical Center
- Contact Michael Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT DEADLINE DATES FOR INTERNSHIP APPLICATION AT LOCAL SITES:
- For the Fall Semester- Between April and July 1
- For the Spring Semester- Between in October and November 15th
- For the Long Summer Session- Between February and April 1st
- NOTE: Internship positions are filled on a first come first served basis. If you wait to late it is possible that no open positions will be available.
- Course Syllabus
- Clinical Internship Manual
- Midterm Site Director Student Clinical Intern Evaluation
- End of the Semester Site Director Student Clinical Intern Evaluation
TTU Student Liability Insurance Guideline
BACKGROUND CHECK RESOURCES
- US Search
- If you Join OmiSearch to save on your report make sure and cancel within the first 2 days and owe nothing or you will be charged a monthly membership fee of $19.95 as long as you remain a member.
- Direct Screening
ACSM Clinical Exercise Physiologist Certification
Link to the Certification site
AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SPORTS MEDICINE STUDY GUIDE TOOLS
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Department of Kinesiology & Sport Management
AddressBox 43011, Texas Tech University, 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409