Clinical Exercise Physiology Internship Program
This opportunity is only available to students in the Clinical Exercise Physiology track in the Masters in Kinesiology program at Texas Tech University.
MEETING TIME / LOCATION:
As requested in Blackboard Announcements / Kinesiology and Sport Management, Room 113
- Nine hours of graduate work in Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Pre-Requisites to internship On-Site Hours
KIN 5304. Clinical Internship (V1-6). Prerequisites: 9 hours clinical exercise physiology coursework; 3 hours TTU credit = 250 hours on-site experience; approval of the TTU Clinical Internship Director is required.
Even though you sign up for Texas Tech University (TTU) credit, you first must be accepted at an off campus site in the community. Therefore an application and acceptance at a site is required prior to enrollment in KIN 5304. Some sites have a minimum of 300 hours for 1 internship block (3 hours).
University Medical Center
Covenant Lifestyle Center
- Internship Application
- Required for application Non Employee Orientation Prerequiste
- Email application and supporting documents to Lauren Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brownfield Regional Medical Center
- Contact Michael Lee at email@example.com
IMPORTANT DEADLINE DATES FOR INTERNSHIP APPLICATION AT LOCAL SITES:
- For the Fall Semester- Between April and July 1
- For the Spring Semester- Between in October and November 15th
- For the Long Summer Session- Between February and April 1st
LINK TO TURN IN BACK GROUND CHECK AND LIABILITY INSURANCE
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Please use this link to turn in Background Checks or proof of Student Liability Insurance if you begin your internship before the semester starts and Blackboard has not opened for student use. You may also use this link to ask any questions about the clinical internship.
BACKGROUND CHECK RESOURCES
- US Search
- If you Join OmiSearch to save on your report make sure and cancel within the first 2 days and owe nothing or you will be charged a monthly membership fee of $19.95 as long as you remain a member.
- Direct Screening
AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SPORTS MEDICINE STUDY GUIDE TOOLS
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Department of Kinesiology & Sport Management
AddressBox 43011, Texas Tech University, 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409