Triota Gamma Nu
What is Triota - Gamma Nu?
Texas Tech University Women's & Gender Studies Honor Society, Iota, Iota, Iota is
a national academic and service-based honor society. The Greek letter, Iota, was selected
to represent the three goddesses Inanna, Ishtar, and Isis. Triota strives to maintain
feminist values central to women's studies.
The Texas Tech University chapter, Gamma Nu, has recently formed in order to recognize the academic achievements of students in Women's & Gender Studies.
The purpose of this chapter is to encourage excellence in academics, women and gender studies, and fellowship between members. In regards to excellence in academics, there is a focus on research on social, economic, working, academic, and other issues that women face here as well as globally in academic and professional environments. Triota focus on creating an environment where critical thinking can be applied to our community in order to improve the well-being of women.
Application for Membership
Membership shall be open to undergraduate and graduate students who have completed a course in the Women & Gender Studies Department, i.e. 3 credit hours and hold a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher. All who meet approved academic criteria are invited to become members of this Women's Studies academic society without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, differing abilities, economic class, or sexual orientation.
Membership dues are $10 per semester
- Applications are open now and can be dropped off or mail now until the end of the semester - Download PDF and print
- Drop off location: DOAK HALL | Room 123
- Mail application to:
TTU Women's & Gender Studies
Attn: Triota Gamma Nu
MS 2009 | Box 42009
Lubbock, TX 79409-2009
- Email application:
NOTE: Membership dues will be collected at the time of initiation.
- Applications DUE March 1, 2020
- General Meeting, Sept. 17th, 6:00 p.m., DOAK Hall 119
Officers shall be elected from the general membership. No one officer shall serve more than 2yrs and not more than one year in any given office.
2019 - 2020
- President - Amanda N Reyna, Major: Cell & Molecular Biology, Minor: WGS
- Vice-President - Francesca Jordan, Major: English/Philosophy, Minor: WGS
- Treasurer - Adelina Quintana, Major: Psychology, Minor: Sociology
2018 - 2019
- President - Dylan Tucker, Major: Psychology, Minor: WGS
- Vice President - Madison Kennedy, Major: Psychology, Minor: WGS
2017 - 2018
- President - Celeste Medina
- Vice-President - Madison Kennedy
- Secretary - Kourtney Howell
- Treasurer - Audrey Fragniere
- President - Benji Romero
2014-2015 (Founding Officers)
- President - Samantha Christopher, B.A.
Counseling Psychology Doctoral Student, Department of Psychology
Women's Studies Graduate Student
- Vice-President: Bridget Cowan
- Secretary: Dalton Richardson
- Treasurer: Samantha Yianitas
The Gamma Nu Chapter held its first meeting, March 31, 2014. Annual members meeting will include discussion of inherent contradictions of elitism in honor societies versus inclusionary principles and values consistent with feminist ideologies.