Women's & Gender Studies Undergraduate Minor
Overview - What is Women's & Gender Studies?
The university offers a minor in Women's & Gender Studies (WGS). Goals of the minor include helping students reinterpret concepts of gender and gendered identities in different social, cultural, and political contexts.
Additionally, some women's studies courses fulfill the Social and Behavioral Sciences, Individual or Group Behavioral Sciences, and the Core Language, Philosophy & Culture (aka Humanities) requirements.
To pursue a minor in WGS, you should first contact your academic advisor. Both your academic advisor and the WGS advisor will work with you to complete the process necessary to declare your minor.
Although some students do not need a minor, students in other degree programs may seek a minor in WGS by taking 18 hours in WGS courses.
- WGS 2300: Introduction to Women's Studies
- WGS 4310: Feminist Thought & Theory
- WGS 4399: Women's Studies Seminar
- Choose at least three (3) classes from the WGS cross-listed curriculum.
- All required courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher.
How to declare Women's Studies?
- WGS as a Concentration (Online Students) - Students interested in pursuing a degree in University Studies with an area of concentration in WS must complete all of the degree requirements for the chosen degree. You must complete a minimum of 18 hours from the list of WS courses. The required courses for WS minor are WS: 2300, 4310, and 4399. The remaining 9 hours can be selected from the approved WS minor cross-list. Please see the academic advisor for WS, Tricia Earl, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WGS as a Minor - Students in other degree programs may seek a minor in WS by taking 18 hours WS courses approved by the WS Advisor. The required courses for WS minor are WS: 2300, 4310, and 4399. The remaining 9 hours can be selected from the approved WS minor cross-list. Please see the academic advisor for WS, Tricia Earl, email: email@example.com.
Undergrad Degree Plan
Undergraduate Courses for non-Minors
Undergraduate Courses for the Minor
Catalogs & Course Descriptions
What are students saying about our program?
There are *652 women's and gender studies programs at community colleges, colleges, and universities in the U.S.
* Source: NWSA
What can I do with this Minor?
- Tricia Earl
Unit Coordinator/Academic Advisor
Special Approval Courses
Raiderlink (Class Schedules, Log In, Calendars, etc.)
(Class Schedules, Log In, Calendars, etc.)