Program Overview | Application Process
- 65 TTU credit hours + 66 (max) transfer credits = 131 total credit hours
- Classes are delivered using one or a combination of formats including face-to-face instruction and interactive video conferences.
- Prerequisite: Completion of an Associates degree with specific core courses completed with a minimum grade of C or better. If you are an El Paso Community College student, please consult the current Articulation Agreement. If you are transferring from another university or community college, please consult with our Admissions Coordinator, Morris Brown, to discuss articulation requirements. The Director of the Texas Tech University Architecture Program in El Paso, Dr. Robert Alexander González, must approve all final course transfers.
- Enrollment: While students are not required to enroll in a certain number of courses each semester, and completion time can vary by individual, some courses serve as prerequisites for future courses and many are taught sequentially. Consult the online catalog for prerequisite information. Full-time enrollment is highly recommended, and enrollment in design studio is required.
- Calendar: Semester-based courses run with Texas Tech University’s Academic Calendar. Please consult the calendar for university course start and end dates, add and drop deadlines, holidays, and exam periods.
- Admissions: New students may only enroll in the summer for Fall enrollment. We do not accept new students into the program during the Spring semester. Please consult the Application Process tab above for further information.
- Texas Tech University College of Architecture (Lubbock) website