The Curriculum Center for Family and Consumer Sciences
Some things do not change. There may be new courses, new standards, and new students, but the fundamentals of family and consumer sciences remain rock solid. The materials in Today's Life Skills can be incorporated into a variety of courses, or they can be used for youth groups or any population needing basic life skills. Each module found in the eight units includes background information for the teacher, teaching strategies organized by age of audience, learning activities and answers, and reproducible teaching aids. The accompanying CD includes PowerPoint slides for each unit.
Click here for more information.
There are 24 courses available in our online curriculum. Each course addresses the Texas and national standards with appropriate teaching strategies and supporting materials.
Welcome to The Curriculum Center for Family and Consumer Sciences. We celebrate 45+ years of continued quality curriculum development for family and consumer sciences educators.
Connect with CCFCS
FCS News and Updates
NEW! Food Science professional development course is now available in Project Share.
Please note that there are 6 sections of this course and that it is recommended that course sections be taken in order.
To find and enter the Food Science course:
- Go to Project Share Course website
TEA Food Science: Part 1 http://www.epsilen.com/crs/12151410
TEA Food Science: Part 2 http://www.epsilen.com/crs/12151414
TEA Food Science: Part 3 http://www.epsilen.com/crs/12151416
TEA Food Science: Part 4 http://www.epsilen.com/crs/12151421
TEA Food Science: Part 5 http://www.epsilen.com/crs/12151424
TEA Food Science: Part 6 http://www.epsilen.com/crs/12151425
- On the public Home page pop-up, you will see the message, “This course is accessible by access code only,” in the left menu. Click on the Join This Course link immediately below that message.
- Enter your Project Share username and password in the Epsilen Secure Account Login pop-up and click the Login button.
- On the Course Registration page, enter foodsc in the Access Code box at the bottom of the page, and then click Continue.
- Once you have successfully entered the access code, confirm the information related to your Member Profile and click the Join button. You will then be taken to the course’s Home page and can begin taking the course.
REMINDER: Teachers assigned to teach a CTE course that meets graduation requirements for math or science must meet HOUSE (high objective uniform standard of evaluation) requirements for NCLB.
For information regarding the AAFCS Pre-Professional Assessment and Certification (Pre-PAC) Management System visit the website at www.aafcs.org/prepac/testing/index.html and click on "Testing Procedures and Forms."
Join the excitement! Be on the cutting edge - utilize Pre-PAC to empower and recognize students and programs in your state!
Online Curriculum Rave Reviews
Thank you! Love this curriculum – excited I have something for Counseling and Mental Health class!
- Carolyn Schlueter, Azle High School.
I couldn't have made it through the year without your online curriculum.
- Edith Bujnoch, Premont ISD.
Thank you!! Everything is working GREAT. I am LOST without this curriculum.
- Karen Royal , Hale Center ISD.