CCFCS Online Resources for Teachers and Educators
The Curriculum Center for Family and Consumer Sciences is dedicated to producing and disseminating instructional materials that support family and consumer sciences programs and to provide related pre-service and in-service professional development to educators and administrators within those program areas.
The Center is the only curriculum center in the nation that specializes in the development of curriculum materials for family and consumer sciences content areas. We support teachers with a broad range of resources, from print to multimedia to in-service training.
We are currently offering a price reduction in our regular membership fees and offering additional online resources to assist teachers and educators adjusting to online learning platforms due to disruptions caused by COVID-19.
The following resources will be available:
- New memberships purchased by 5/1/20 will run a full calendar year to 5/31/21 with a 25% discount applied.
- Short-term memberships through 6/30/20 will be $50 per course.
- Sample courses of our curriculum can be found here, including a short video and three steps to accessing the free course. The sample course contains strategies from our most popular courses.
- Teachers and educators can access a free trial of our Dollars and Sense curriculum by filling out our contact form. Once filled out, we will send you login details to the curriculum. This trial is good for one month.
- Free Teacher Resources including 32 editable rubrics, projects, and scope and sequences.
We will also be offering free online webinars. Details are as follows:
- Tips for Making Quality Instructional Videos
- April 7, 2020 at 7 p.m.
- Presenter: Mrs. Mara Driscoll, Instructional Designer, The Curriculum Center for Family and Consumer Sciences
- Register in advance for this meeting: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/vJQsceGurj8q1UVMoHUy8aVRW7Pcn90rVw
- LiveBinders for Active Learning
- April 8, 2020 at 7 p.m.
- Presenter: Mrs. Gencie Houy, Instructor, FCSE Program Texas Tech University
- Register in advance for this meeting: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/uZAudeqrqT0tB-OdfuPYXEPBkL-j_-gsEA
All webinars will be recorded and added to our site for future viewing. Sessions will be one hour or less with an opportunity for questions and answers.
You can also access our previously recorded webinars for free:
- Google Classroom Basics
- Pear Deck for Google Slides
- Collaboration Tools and Resources in Learning Management Systems
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 806-742-3029.