Classroom Technology Standards
|Spec Standards for Classroom Technology
|Room Control Vendor
|Extron Room Control Technology
Digital Room Design
||DaLite Cosmopolitian (Preferred)
Draper Silhouette Series V
Spectrum Electrix 128X
||LG 55-inch 55LD520
LG 65-inch 65LW6500
Sharp Aquos 70-inch
Sharp Aquos 80-inch LC-80LE632U
||Dell Optiplex Minitower
||Varies by room design, minimum of 3
||WolfVision Eye-10 Ceiling Visualizer
||Extron AVTrac 482C
||See notes below
Disclaimer: For reference only. Please contact CTS for design assistance,
questions, or concerns.
|Classroom Technology Standards Notes
- The above recommendations are for a turnkey solution used in some GPC classrooms. Lecterns can be purchased and configured at the discretion of the room owner. For GPC Rooms, lecterns must be approved by ASFR and IT Help Central Classroom Technology Services. Below are some suggested sites for turnkey lectern options. In addition, some room owners have chosen custom millworks solutions to fit their needs.
- General considerations when purchasing a lectern:
- Custom cutouts for components
- Internal accessories like cooling fan and AC power
- The Extron PoleVault System is a complete, centralized AV
switching and room control solution targeted towards the diverse
needs of educational environments. The PoleVault unit and included
parts listed for reference on this website are one example of a
system that has been implemented successfully in multiple General
Purpose Classrooms at Texas Tech University.
The Extron Digital
Room Design is also a complete AV room control solution. The Digital
Room Design included here is HDCP compliant and expandable for
integration with Mediasite, Blu-ray players, and other applications.
HDMI, VGA, and iPad connections are available at the lectern. Room
microphones and ADA listen assist are integrated into the room design.
If your area or department has specific needs for components
such as system inputs, room control panels, speakers, or cabling
lengths TTU IT Help Central Classroom Technology Services staff can
consult with you and assist in making modifications.
- The Spectrum Electric 128X projector screen has been installed in several TTU GPCs. However, the motor controlling the screen moves very slowly. ITHC CTS staff encourages you to make arrangements to see the
Spectrum Electric 128x in person before making a purchasing decision.
- IT Help Central recommends consulting with TTU Physical Plant to ensure there are enough power plugs for all required components and accessories.
- IT Help Central recommends consulting with Classroom Technology
Services to ensure there are enough data ports for all room
components (PC, laptop, phone device, room control components, etc).
- Intellimonitor required for General Purpose Classrooms (GPC) only.