- Applicants must be full-time tenure-track or tenured faculty members of Texas Tech University,
- Open works must comply with copyright law and and publisher policy,
- Must be able to provide evidence of commitment to open access or open education initiatives
through one or more examples:
- An open access publication in a reputable (non-predatory) journal,
- A pre-print or post-print of a publication in ThinkTech institutional repository,
- An open textbook or open educational resource,
- A course with all open learning materials,
- Open software.
Criteria for Evaluation
The criteria by which applications for an Open Access Award will be evaluated are as follows:
- The affiliation of the applicant as a full-time faculty member of Texas Tech University,
- The background, training, and professional experience of the researcher,
- The significance of the work to the research and professional development of the applicant,
- The ability to provide evidence of commitment to open access or open education,
- Applications and supporting documents must be completed in full.