Monday, October 30, 2017
Tech-or-Treat is a Halloween Carnival held in the Student Union Building to provide a safe alternative to trick-or-treating, and is staffed by Texas Tech student organizations, sororities, fraternities, and campus departments.
NEW this year - we are hosting a BOOK DRIVE for children ages 5 and under. We will have donation boxes at each entrance. Please consider bringing two new books to donate! All books will be given to The Parenting Cottage for their Early Childhood Literacy program.
Parking lots open (R-7, R-11, R-13 Visitor and any Z lots in front of Residence Halls)
6:00 - 8:00 pm
Tech-or-Treat (inside the SUB)
Things to Know:
- Parents, please stay with your ghouls & goblins at all times.
- Event Staff can be identified by their volunteer badges.
- All building entrances will be open.
- Event maps will be available at the Information Desk, across from Barnes & Noble on the first floor.
- The Information Desk will also be the Lost & Found Children area.
- Photos taken will be posted on our Facebook page. Please let us know if you do not want your or your child's photo taken.
- We have two elevators, one on the Northwest side of the SUB (beside the bookstore) and one on the Northeast side (behind the glass cases by the Allen Theatre). Keep in mind the elevators will have long wait times.
- Consider not bringing a stroller/wagon because of the long wait times at the elevators, and we will have activities on four floors. We do have plenty of seating for anyone needing to sit out for awhile.
- We will have water bottles & treat bags available at the Information Desk while supplies last.
- We have 4 water refill stations located throughout the SUB if you want to bring your own bottles.
- TTU Students will still have classes before and during the event, please be mindful of the foot and vehicle traffic when driving on campus.
In conjunction with:
RHA's Safe Treat in the Residence Halls, 6-8 pm
FREE bus stops at:
Crossing guards available at the intersections of 18th & Boston and 15th & Akron for safe street crossings.
Special thanks to Oriental Trading for sponsoring part of the supplies for our event!
Questions & comments:
Myles Smith, Activities Coordinator