Policies & Procedures
- Texas Tech Code of Student Conduct
- Texas Tech Human Resources: Faculty, Staff, & Student Employees Title IX Website
- OP 40.01: Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and Affirmative Action Program
- OP 40.02: Anti-Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Title IX Policy and Grievance Procedure for Violations of Employment and Other Laws for Employees
- OP 40.03: Anti-Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Title IX Policy and Grievance Procedure for Students
Students have several options for handling a Title IX incident. Students may:
- Make a confidential report to medical and/or counseling services for medical treatment and support
- Make a report (including anonymous reports) for support services only, such as to request a change in housing, absence notification to professors, etc.
- Make a report and participate in an administrative (Title IX) investigation. Please note: if the Respondent (the alleged) is a Faculty or Staff member, the investigation will follow the policies and procedures of the Office of Equal Opportunity.
- Make a report to the campus or city Police Department for a criminal investigation
Students may select more than one option. Students may report a Title IX violation or seek support resources at any point in time. However, the university can only pursue an investigation during the Respondent's time as a member of the Texas Tech community. Other benefits of reporting early include:
- Evidence preservation such text messages, photographs, social media records. SANE exams are also possible/available up to 96 hours after an assault. Memories are fresh, which is helpful for recall when giving a statement.
- Students can get assistance in dealing with academic concerns, such as class absences, missed assignments, or seeking an alternative section when necessary. Please note: in the event of a sexual assault, Texas State Law allows both the Complainant/Respondent to drop a course that they share with the other party with no academic penalty.
- A staff member can go over other available remedies and resources to create an individualized plan to assist in the aftermath of an incident