The mission of the Texas Tech University Chess Program as a part of the Division of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Community Engagement is to promote chess as a vehicle for enriching education. We aim to recruit outstanding and diverse students to the University, promote the University through collegiate competitions and exhibitions, and provide outreach to all segments of the community.
- Encourage chess in schools and the community.
- Promote diversity on the Texas Tech campus.
- Provide opportunities for qualified applicants from around the world.
- Represent Texas Tech in National and International Competitions.
- Promote and encourage academic and personal growth and community involvement.