The mission of the Texas Tech University Chess Program as a part of the Division of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion is to promote chess as a vehicle for enriching education. We aim to recruit outstanding and diverse students to the University, promote the University through collegiate competitions, exhibitions, and provide outreach to the community.
- Encourage chess in schools and the community.
- Promote diversity on the Texas Tech campus.
- Provide opportunities for qualified applicants from around the world.
- Represent Texas Tech in National and International Competitions.
- Promote and encourage academic and personal growth and community involvement.