Higher Education Application Process
- Apply to the TTU Graduate School: Please complete and submit your application in the Salesforce application portal. The application fee is $65.00.
- College Transcripts: The preferred way to submit transcripts is to upload to the Salesforce application portal. The Graduate School can no longer accept web printouts from student portals for application processing purposes.
- College of Education Requirements: The Higher Education program requires resume, three letters of recommendation, applicant statement, and responses to four writing prompts. If you have questions about any of these components, contact Joni Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may submit these components to the Salesforce application portal.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): The GRE is required for all Higher Education doctoral programs. Official GRE scores
must be sent from Educational Testing Services (ETS) to the Texas Tech Graduate School.
ETS does not retain or provide scores that are over five years old. To register for
the examination please visit GRE Testing. Texas Tech University code is 6827. If you have taken the GRE please submit the
scores to the Salesforce portal.
- Due to the ongoing situation surrounding COVID-19, the Graduate School has temporarily changed its admission requirements regarding test scores. The GRE may optionally be submitted by applicants for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 academic years. International applicants may use certain alternate exams in place of the TOEFL. Please visit the Graduate Admissions COVID-19 FAQ page for more information.
- Applications Deadlines – Graduate Certificate and Face to Face Master's: no set deadlines, but students
are strongly encouraged to start as early as possible.
Face to face master's students who wish to start in the spring semester are highly encouraged to contact one of our advisors to make sure the sequence of courses will align with their specific goals.
- Online Master's program: In order to provide adequate time for those applicants that have been impacted by COVID-19, the deadline for the online master's program has been removed. Please be advised that applicants are still encouraged to submit completed applications as soon as possible and that cohorts can only accept a limited number of students.
- Ed.D Program: March 1, 2021
- Ph.D. Program: December 1 (Preferred). Applications considered on a rolling basis until March 1.
Contact Information for Prospective Students
Dr. Stephanie J. Jones
For Ph.D. and Ed.D. questions
For admissions questions
For academic questions