United Future Leaders
Empowering students through service, mentoring, and relationship building.
United Future Leader (UFL) is an after-school program that focuses on civility, ethics, and leadership for fifth and sixth grade students as they transition to middle school. Participants gain a strong foundation for individual growth and self-awareness that becomes a springboard for servant leadership throughout the secondary school years and beyond.
The United Future Leaders program develops young leaders who impact the individual, peer, and social culture of their community through ongoing program participation.
UFL promotes qualities such as civility, ethics, and leadership empowering students to "Take it Out to the World" through service, mentoring, and relationship building.
UFL aims to create environments where ALL leaders thrive.
Civility, Ethics & Leadership are the foundational concepts of United Future leaders. The following themes are the building blocks that support individual growth and self-awareness among our participants.
- Physical Safety – I protect and take care of my body.
- Emotional Security – I know my feelings & honor them.
- Identity – How I see myself & how others see me.
- Belonging – I am an important member of a group.
- Competence – I have abilities.
- Mission & Purpose – I know what I want to achieve and why.
- Service – I help others, expecting nothing in return.
- Civility – I treat others as I would want them to treat me.
- Ethics – I do the right thing when no one is looking.
- Leadership – I bring out the best in myself & others.
- Record setting registration numbers in the UFL weekly after school program, with over 300 youth participants (grades 5-6) in the 2016-2017 academic year!
- After moving the annual UFL "Climbing Leaders" Teambuilding Event and Parent Meeting to the fall semester, UFL hosted 85 youth participants and 95 parents at the TTU Rec Center in November 2016.
- Staff, parents, stakeholders and friends celebrated the 2-year commitment of the UFL 6th grade after school participants on December 12th. With 81 youth attendees and over 150 additional guests and supporters, this event was a great way to end the 2016 fall semester!
Take it out to the World
- December 17th – UFL Ambassador Holiday Service Event – Enjoy an afternoon of holiday fun at Carillon LifeCare Community by playing Christmas Bingo games, creating holiday themed cards and spending quality time with residents to learn about their leadership experiences.
- January 14th – 2nd Annual UFL Ambassador Leadership Conference – Parents & Ambassadors invited to join in a morning of leadership and learning with various breakout sessions offered to spark the interest of all leaders!
- February 4 – UFL Ambassador Winter Service Event – Cook a yummy meal for residents at the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Southwest!