College of Human Sciences
As one of the four original colleges at Texas Tech University at its founding, the College of Human Sciences (COHS) has a rich history of investing in students, preparing them to make an impact on the world around them. The College of Human Sciences provides multidisciplinary education, research, and service focused on individuals, families, and their environments to improve and enhance the human condition. When they graduate, our students are making an impact as educators, health care professionals, financial planners, hospitality managers, fashion merchandisers, designers, counselors, and nutrition experts. Faculty, staff, and students advance research concerning individual, social, and economic development in a multidisciplinary environment to benefit families and individuals in a diverse global community. Outreach is also provided to individuals, organizations, and communities to help improve the society in which we live. We are a destination for health and human sciences.
Meet the Dean
With experience as both a graduate student and a longtime faculty member, Dean Tim Dodd has been a part of the evolution of the College of Human Sciences at Texas Tech for over 30 years.
Health & Human Sciences
The College of Human Sciences' academic programs provide a strong foundation for health careers and personal wellness. Our majors provide you with a hands-on education focused on the health and wellness of people and communities.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The College of Human Sciences is committed to providing a safe, welcoming, and inclusive community for all. Because there remain barriers to fully equal treatment and opportunities, we must work diligently to promote diversity, provide equal opportunities, and achieve equitable treatment.
The College of Human Sciences prepares you for a successful career.
Our degree programs offer superior opportunities that help you maximize your potential. You will:
- Earn a degree that makes an impact. All of our programs touch many aspects of health and wellness. From financial wellness to health care facility design, our degrees are improving and enhancing the human condition.
- Work with prominent faculty. You will take courses from experts who stand out for their achievements in research, professional practice, and education.
- Get a hands-on education. Our degree programs emphasize practical experience in workplace settings outside the classroom, enabling you to build confidence, skills, and professional contacts.
- Learn in state-of-the-art facilities. Our world-class research labs, production facilities, and design studios are equipped with professional-grade tools and capabilities.
- Serve the community. While earning your degree, you will have many opportunities to help ordinary people—patients, customers, students, and others—in Lubbock and beyond.
Our degree programs empower you to make a difference in the lives of others.
If you want to help people find happiness, health, and fulfillment, the College of Human Sciences at Texas Tech has a degree program for you.
Build a successful career with an undergraduate degree or graduate degree from the College of Human Sciences.
Students from our degree programs have outstanding rates of job placement and graduate school admissions. Our degree programs set students apart from other applicants after graduation.
All of our undergraduate degree programs include a professional internship, summer job placement, or other work experience that often leads directly to a job offer. From top corporate companies to medical and nursing schools, our students are prepared for life after graduation.
Our faculty care about your success and go the extra mile to help you start your career. The College of Human Sciences has an active, loyal, and widespread alumni network that is eager to mentor new graduates.
Contact the College of Human Sciences
Office of the Dean
Phone: (806) 742-3031
Phone: (806) 742-1180
Recruitment and Visitor's Center
Phone: (806) 742-1941
- A Fellowship in Couple, Marriage and Family Therapy This College of Human Sciences associate professor will bring a diverse perspective to his field after his academic exchange in Israel this summer.
- Expanding Access to Mental Health Resources Texas Tech researchers work together to connect young people with a broader array of treatment options.
- Students to Participate in Spring 2023 Commencement Texas Tech will hold its spring commencement ceremonies May 12-13.
College of Human Sciences
AddressCollege of Human Sciences, Texas Tech University, P.O. Box 41162, Lubbock, TX 79409-1162