WSET® Level 1 Award in Wines
A beginner-level introduction to wine is suitable for those starting a wine career or pursuing an interest in wine.
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You'll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately and make food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin. Find out if this course is right for you.
What you'll learn:
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Find out if this course is right for you. Take the Level 1 Award in Wines quiz here.
Note:*WSET® Level 1 is NOT a prerequisite for WSET® Level 2 certification. Candidates can sign up for Level 2 without prior completion of the Level 1 examination.