WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines
WSET's Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner- to intermediate-level qualification exploring
wines, suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts.
This qualification is intended for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You'll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you'll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
What you'll learn:
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking, and maturation options influence
the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- The style and quality of wines:
- made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
- produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
Find out if this course is right for you. Take the Level 2 Award in Wines quiz here.
Note:*WSET® Level 1 is NOT a prerequisite for WSET® Level 2 certification. Candidates can sign up for Level 2 without prior completion of the Level 1 examination.