An overall profile of the student is the deciding factor in admission decisions. The graduate program committee will review the entire file and make a decision concerning admission, which occurs once your application is referred from the Graduate School and all documents have been received.
Admission Requirements - Applicant File Upload Portal
- Candidate Statement - an essay in which you describe your interest in seeking a master's degree in Kinesiology or Sport Management. The statement must include reasons for applying to our graduate program and to Texas Tech, your academic goals, your research interests, and your career goals along with any other information you may choose to add. You should use the statement to convey a comprehensive picture of you beyond past academic achievements and test scores.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae with evidence of academic achievements and relevant experiences.
- An undergraduate degree in Kinesiology, Sport Management, or a related field from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 2.8 on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework for admission.
- Kinesiology program only: Demonstration of academic achievement and potential as indicated by the results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) if GPA in the last 60 hours is lower than a 3.5.
- Three letters of recommendation from professional references, with letters from academic professors preferred.
- TOEFL score of at least 213 (computer) or 550 (written) for students for whom English is a foreign language.
Departmental deadline dates for graduate application applicants:
- Preference in admissions will be given to applications submitted at least three months prior to the date of intended enrollment.
- Preferred deadlines for priority processing are June 1 for fall, September 1 for spring, and March 1 for summer.
Apply to the TTU Graduate School
If you have taken the GRE, you should request the Educational Testing Service to report your scores to the TTU Graduate School. The TTU GRE code is #A6827. You can view the university Graduate Catalog online.
Department of Kinesiology & Sport Management
AddressBox 43011, Texas Tech University, 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409