Prospective Students - How to Apply
Texas Tech fosters an environment of inclusion and engagement and encourages original
critical and creative thinking in a personalized setting. Along the way, you'll have
access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, an internationally renowned faculty,
comprehensive professional and career development activities, and numerous internship
and other opportunities to enhance your experience as a graduate student at Texas
How to Apply:
- Apply as a new, first-time applicant online via ApplyTexas. If you have applied to Texas Tech Graduate School before, please complete the Graduate Application Change Form , and send that form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay your application fee: $60 initial application fee or $50 for each subsequent application
(including changes of entry date, add/change program requests, or readmission requests).
Application fees for new, first-time applications may be paid via ApplyTexas at the
time of application submission or by credit card on our website.
- Texas Tech University System employees are eligible for an application fee waiver by submitting the Staff/Faculty Application Fee Waiver Form. Please note that this form must be submitted with each application you submit.
- Visit the Graduate Programs Directory to see the application requirements for your prospective program.
- Please submit all application documents to Applicant File Upload Portal. All documents must be PDF files which are no larger than 2MB each. You must have
an active eRaider account to access the upload site. If you do not have an active
eRaider account, please email email@example.com.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts, diplomas/degree certificates, and test scores are required for application evaluation purposes.
- If admitted, you will be required to submit official transcripts, diplomas/degree certificates, and test scores.
AS OF APRIL 1, 2017, WE WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT ANY UNOFFICIAL WEB PRINTOUT TRANSCRIPTS FROM STUDENT PORTALS FOR APPLICATION PROCESSING PURPOSES. YOU MAY SUBMIT COPIES OF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES.
Residency Reclassification and Residency for International Students:
- Domestic applicants complete the core residency questions as part of the ApplyTexas application. Your residency status is determined at that time. However, it is possible that your situation may have changed since your application was submitted. You may wish to be considered for residency reclassification. To be considered for residency reclassification, please submit the Residency Questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org, in person in Administration Building Room 328, or by mail. Please note that you may be asked to provide additional documentation before your residency determination can be made.
- International applicants do not complete the core residency questions as part of the ApplyTexas application because there are few visa categories eligible to establish a domicile for residency for tuition purposes. You may view a list of visas eligible to establish a domicile for residency for tuition purposes here. If your visa category allows you to establish a domicile for residency for tuition purposes, please submit the Residency Questionnaire to email@example.com, in person in Administration Building Room 328, or by mail.
- Requests for reclassification must be submitted by the tenth class day (the second class day for summer terms) of the semester for the term for which you are trying to establish residency. This is because your residency status must be updated by the twelfth class day (the fourth class day for summer terms) in order for the change to take effect for that term, and we must have time to review each set of questions. Questionnaires received after that date will still be reviewed, but any updates to your residency status will not take effect until the following term.
Check your application status often on the Raiderlink portal’s Applications tab. You should receive your log-in information between 1-5 days after your new, first-time application has been uploaded to our database. If you do not receive the log-in information, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, date of birth, term applied to, and program applied to, and we will resend your log-in information.