Verify your Major
For Incoming Students
One of the items on your Checklist asks you to verify the major we have on record for you.
Verify Your Major
At Red Raider Orientation, you will meet with an academic advisor from the college
that you were admitted into. If you are considering changing your major, it is recommended
you do so before attending RRO to ensure that you get the most out of your advising
and class registration sessions.
Additionally, scholarship and financial aid opportunities may differ for each academic major.
- Your current major and academic college are listed inside your Raider Connect account and inside the RRO Registration System. Please verify that this is the major you wish to pursue.
- Please remember that some academic colleges and departments at Texas Tech only accept students who meet assured admission requirements to declare those majors during your first semester at Texas Tech. You also can review the full list of admission requirements for specific colleges.
- Before you request to change your major, read the following answers to some frequently asked questions.
If you do not meet the entrance requirements for your chosen application major once you are admitted, your major will automatically be changed to your second choice upon admission. If you did not select a second choice or if your second choice is also restricted, you will be placed into University Undeclared.
Please note: It may take up to 48 hours for any major change requests to appear.
- Explore majors, interest areas and career options at Texas Tech University.
- Take the FOCUS Career Assessment at University Career Center to identify majors and learn more about yourself and your possible academic and career interests.
- Still undecided? University Advising helps you eXplore your options and find your direction by examining your values, skills, interests, and abilities.
Log into your Raider Connect account at www.raiderconnect.ttu.edu
Go to your “Resources and Forms” tab
Select Major Change
Choose your desired major from the available options, then click save.
Please allow up to 48 hours to process this request.
NOTE ON RESTRICTED MAJORS: If you have been admitted to the University at the time of your request, the options for changing your major could be restricted due to additional requirements of some programs. You will be allowed to select a major from the programs that you are qualified to enter. Please refer to information on admission requirements for specific colleges to see if you are qualified for restricted majors.
Still have more questions? The answer might be on our FAQ page.