Tech Transfer Acceleration Program
The Tech Transfer Acceleration Program is a nationally recognized alternative admissions program that expands the availability of the Red Raider experience to students do not yet meet the admissions criteria for Texas Tech University. TTAP students enroll concurrently at Texas Tech University and South Plains College during the Fall semester. This unique partnership between Texas Tech and South Plains College allows students to live and take classes on the Texas Tech Campus. Upon successful completion of TTAP, students are eligible to transfer automatically to Texas Tech University in the Spring semester.
TTAP is designed to support a student's academic, personal, and social well-being. The program is ideal for students who could benefit from a structured first-semester experience. Specifically, TTAP offers its students:
1. Academic advising. Students meet twice per month with their academic advisor who assists them with their needs inside and outside of the classroom. This developmental academic advising is the cornerstone of the TTAP experience.
2. Small class sizes. TTAP instructors teach no more than 25 students per class, which allows them to provide more individualized instruction in an academic environment that is new to students. TTAP academic advisors maintain a collaborative relationship with instructors to assess the progress of students throughout the semester.
3. Access to Texas Tech resources. TTAP students live on campus in the residence halls and have access to the same resources as full-time TTU students, such as the library, the Learning Center for tutoring, student recreational center, the Student Counseling Center, and student health services, just to name a few.
4. Access to South Plains College resources. Since TTAP students are full-time students at South Plains College, they also have access to SPC's student resources, too.
5. Accountability and self-discipline. TTAP students adhere to the TTAP Student Handbook and all of its behavioral expectations. In turn, students learn how to become autonomous, self-directed learners who can thrive in higher education.
6. Social resources. Students are actively encouraged to participate in intramural sports, student social
functions, and residence halls events. By paying an optional athletic fee, TTAP students can also attend all TTU sporting events when they present their TTU
student ID at these events.
Prospective students can call TTAP at 806-742-3645 for more information on the program or to schedule an in-person appointment. TTAP representatives are always happy to meet with prospective students and their parents! Students who are ready to apply to TTAP can view the application requirements for more information on how to complete the application for admission.