The mission of the Texas Tech Chess Program as a part of the Division of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion is to promote chess as a vehicle for enriching education. We aim to recruit outstanding and diverse students to the University, promote the University through collegiate competitions, exhibitions, and provide outreach to the community.
- Encourage chess in schools and the community.
- Promote diversity on the Texas Tech University campus.
- Educate Texas Tech University students through a variety of chess-related courses.
- Represent Texas Tech University in National and International Competitions.
- Nurture academic and personal growth, as well as community involvement.