CMLL: The Future is Global
The Department of Classical & Modern Languages & Literatures is a gateway to languages and cultures from across the globe. We offer instruction in many languages and offer exciting opportunities to study abroad. Our mission is to represent the diversity of human cultural achievements and experiences through the development of international language skills.
Interdisciplinary Programs & Resources
Announcements & Current Events
- CMLL News Issue 20 is now online!
- ASL English Interpretation Program coming this Fall
- Global Readiness through Language and Culture
- Language, Image, Power: October 10-12, 2019
- Language & Culture Day: November 1, 2019
- English in the Evenings
- Congratulations to Dr. Chris Witmore for receiving the 2019 President's Excellence in Research Professorship Award!
- Congratulations to Dr. Andrea Jonsson for receiving the 2019 Hemphill Wells New Professor Excellence in Teaching Award!
- Congratulations to Zach Brandner, Maya Edwards, Vicente Iranzo, and Arturo Ramirez for receiving the 2019 Helen DeVitt Jones Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award!