CMLL: The Future is Global
- Why Learn a Foreign Language?
- Majors & Minors
- Masters & Doctoral Programs
- Make advising appointment
- CMLL News
- Study Abroad
The Department of Classical & Modern Languages & Literatures is a gateway to languages and cultures from across the globe. We offer instruction in many languages and offer exciting opportunities to study abroad.
Interdisciplinary Programs & Resources
Announcements & Current Events
- Friend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
- Language & Culture Day - October 28
- “Swing and Big Bands in the Cinema of the 40s and 50s” - A talk by Dr. Phil Powrie, Professor of Cinema Studies, University of Surrey. October 20, 2016
- Receive FREE tutoring! Come to the Language Lab (LLRC) to sign up for tutoring in Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish. Absolutely FREE, sign up today!
- In Memoriam - Janet Perez
- CMLL News Issue 14 has been released!
- Congratulations to Julio Perez Cesar for receiving the TTU Doctoral Dissertation Completion Fellowship!
- Congratulations to Josh de la Rosa-Prada for receiving the Horn Professor’s Graduate Achievement Award!
- Congratulations to Alejandra Cerdas Cisneros, Irina Mozuliova, Monica Fernandez Martins, Takehiro Iizuka, and Hsiao Hsuan (Steffi) Hung for receiving the 2016 Helen DeVitt Jones Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award!
- Congratulations to Dr. Caroline Bishop on her award from the Loeb Classical Library Foundation fellowship!
- Congratulation to Dr. Connie Scarborough on her election to the Executive Council of the MLA!