Respirators protect workers against oxygen-deficient environments, harmful dusts, fogs, smokes, fumes, mists, gases, vapors, and sprays. These hazards may cause cancer, lung impairment, diseases, or death.
This program consists of annual training for employees required to use respirators in controlling respiratory hazards in the work environment. The employees are also required to participate in the Occupational Health Program and undergo annual medical tests and quantitative fit testing conducted by EHS.
- A Risk Assessment should be conducted by the supervisor to identify the hazards in the work area requiring respiratory protection. Contact EHS for assistance.
- The respirator user must complete online Respiratory Protection training. Request training here>>
- The respirator user must submit a completed Occupational Health Program Enrollment Form to email@example.com.
- A medical evaluation will then be scheduled with the university's Occupational Health Provider.
- A fit-test will be scheduled with EHS.
- All steps must be repeated annually.
Submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.