First-Year Students | FAQs
Welcome to Texas Tech University!
We understand college can be confusing and the last thing you need to worry about is food! Hospitality Services makes it easy for you to eat when you want, where you want all over campus. To help, the following is a list of questions you may have regarding your dining plan, dining bucks and dining on campus.
For more information about Dining Plans & Rates... Learn More »
When do I pick a dining plan?
Which plan should I get?
Here is an estimated breakdown of the dining plan levels:
Biggest eaters with lots of on-campus snacking
'Middle-of-the-road' eaters, almost all meals with snacking
Lightest of eaters; miss meals due to off campus job or specialized dietary needs
How do Dining Bucks work?
Where is my dining plan?
How do I access or know my Dining Bucks balance?
Do I have to have a Dining Plan?
What if my plan isn't right for me?
What if I run out of Dining Bucks?
How are Dining Plans billed?
Do Dining Bucks rollover?
Where can I eat?
When are meals served?
- All-you-care-to-eat dining halls serve during traditional meal times of breakfast, lunch, and dinner with brunch on the weekends.
- The Market food court at Stangel/Murdough is open throughout the day with two short down times between meals. Check location for specific dining hours.
- Sam's Express kiosks are typically open for breakfast and lunch.
- Most of the Sam's Place Mini-markets are open from 7 a.m. until 12 a.m., and some serve until
- Sam's Place Poolside is open during warm weather months. (Hours and menu are subject to change due to pool hours, maintenance schedule and weather.)
- Serving hours vary in the Student Union.
- Check out www.hospitality.ttu.edu, Facebook and Twitter for more info.