Fulbright U.S. Student Program
- Fulbright provides grant funding for 8-10 months of study or independent research abroad. English Teaching Assistantships are also available in various countries.
- Open to all fields of study.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
(Undergraduate Students: apply fall of senior year. Graduate Students: cannot have Ph.D. by date of application deadline.)
- Round-trip transportation
- Monthly stipend for room and board - amounts vary by country
- Accident and Sickness Coverage
Other Possible Benefits
- Support for Dependents
- Research allowance
- Language lessons
- Enhancement activities
- Disability-related accommodations
How to Get Started
- Visit the Fulbright U.S. Student Program website and explore the various grant options and countries of interest as well as the application requirements. Country requirements on language proficiency levels vary and number of available grants can also vary.
- Please make every effort to attend an information session (see dates table).
How to Apply
Submit Letter of Intent A Letter of Intent Form must be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than January 18, 2019 to begin the application process.
Online Application The Fulbright online application can be accessed through the Embark Application System. TTU students must submit all application materials by the internal deadline of April 1, 2019.
- completed online application
- statement of purpose
- personal statement
- letter of affiliation from an institution in the host country (not required for ETAs)
- unofficial transcripts from all universities/colleges attended
- three letters of recommendation (from faculty or field expert)
- language evaluation for non-English speaking countries (critical language award statement if studying in certain countries)
- *Creative and performing artists provide samples of their work.
Interview All applicants will be scheduled to interview with an internal committee to discuss their proposed projects/programs of study. Applicants will be contacted for an interview to take place April 15-30, 2019. The committee will provide feedback and recommendations for improvement on the application.
Final Submission Online applications will be released, and students will have an opportunity to make revisions prior to the final national deadline. Once revisions are completed, students must resubmit the final online application by October 2019, 4:00 PM CST (exact date TBA).
Deadlines & Event Dates
Fulbright Info Sessions
- October 25 at 11:00 AM - TLPDC 151
- October 30 at 10:30 AM - TLPDC 153
- November 6 at 11:00 AM - TLPDC 151
- November 14 at 10:00 AM - TLPDC 153
- December 6 at 9:00 AM - TLPDC 153
Internal Application Due April 1, 2019
(application and recommendation letters)
Candidate Interview Meetings April 15-30, 2019
National Fulbright Application Deadline Oct 2019 at 4:00 PM (exact date TBA)
- Fulbright Types of Grants - Details the various grant options.
- Fulbright Resources and Events - Includes tutorials, webinars, videos and other valuable information.
- Fulbright Application Guide - Provides extensive details on application process and components.