Studying abroad is a valuable educational experience.
Students who study abroad use the same aid that would be used for a semester on campus to pay for the semester abroad.
All aid a student is awarded for a semester on campus transfers to a study abroad program.
Study Abroad Financial Aid Information:
- Faculty-led, exchange, and reciprocal programs pay tuition to Texas Tech and are billed through Student Business Services.
- Affiliate programs are billed by the provider.
- Aid disburses 10 days before classes start at Texas Tech each term.
- Programs billed through Texas Tech are paid when funds are disbursed.
- Refunds processed by Student Business Services are used to cover outside expenses.
- Affiliate programs are not paid by Texas Tech.
- Students use refunds processed by Student Business Services to pay the affiliate program.