General Refund Info
At some point in your college career, Texas Tech may owe you money if you:
- Have money left over from financial aid
- Receive a scholarship
- Overpay tuition
- Drop a class or a class is cancelled
- Have a credit balance after application of waivers/exemptions
To expedite refund availability, students are encouraged to go to Raiderlink to enroll in My Direct Deposit to receive funds electronically (ACH) instead of by check in the mail. Students must have an active local or mailing address in the TTU system for any refund (ACH or check) to be issued. It is the student's responsibility to maintain a correct active address with TTU to ensure receipt of payments from TTU.
Financial aid or general refunds cannot be used to pay for more than $200.00 of a past academic year balance that may be outstanding. Any refunds may be held until all previous balances are paid in full.
Parent Plus loan refunds will be mailed to the parent address that is on the file with the office of Student Financial Aid unless the parent designates on the loan application for refunds to be issued to the student. ACH is not available for Parent Plus refunds to the parent.
Steps to set up Direct Deposit
- You must have a current U.S. mailing address on file to receive any refund from TTU.
- Sign in to raiderlink.ttu.edu with your eRaider and select the Update Addresses and Phones under My Personal Information icon at the top of page to verify or update your address on file
- To add or update your banking information, select the My Direct Deposit link under the Student Business Services menu in the Registration and Financials section
- You will be required to complete 2- Step Authentication.
- Please verify the bank routing (U.S. bank only) and account numbers have been entered correctly.
- Click Save
- Click eRaider Sign Out. Log out of Raiderlink and close your browser. You can update or inactivate your ACH account information at any time.