Fall 2021 Disbursement Information:
When will my Fall 2021 Financial Aid / Scholarships apply towards my bill if all outstanding requirements are complete?
To view outstanding requirements, visit: https://finaidforms.app.texastech.edu/
- Law: August 6th
- Undergraduate/Graduate: August 13th
Texas Tech University will return to face-to-face instruction
To provide relief to millions of students and colleges facing challenges and barriers resulting from the ongoing national emergency, The Department of Education is waiving verification of most Free Application for Federal Student Aid/Institutional Student Information Record (FAFSA®/ISIR) information, except for Identity/Statement of Educational Purpose and High School Completion Status under Verification Tracking Groups V4 and V5. This waiver begins July 13, 2021, and applies for the remainder of the 2021-2022 FAFSA processing and verification cycle. However, this does not exempt institutions from reviewing all documents for conflicting information concerning a student's eligibility. All pending/previously received documents are required to be reviewed. V4, V5, 400/401 and conflicting information all need to be reviewed and resolved and were not waived.
Texas Tech relies on a variety of financial aid sources to increase the university's affordability. This may include scholarships, grants, student employment, student loans, and waivers.
Students can put themselves in the best position for the most aid by following these steps:
- At Texas Tech, eligibility for financial aid is based on financial and household information
that is reported on financial aid applications. Since grant funding is limited, priority
is given to early applicants.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available for all US citizens. The FAFSA opens October 1 for the following school year at fafsa.gov and the priority date is January 15. Texas Tech code: 003644. Check out this FAFSA Overview video for more information.
- The Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) is available for all non-US citizens who are Texas residents. The TASFA opens October 1 for the following school year at collegeforalltexans.com. The priority date is January 15.
|University Competitive Scholarships||Merit Scholarships: no additional application|
|Incoming Transfer Students||
- Your Texas Tech email is our primary method of communication. We will notify you of
any additional requirements which may include:
- Requirements found on the Double T Dashboard
- Scholarship Thank You Letter. All university level scholarships require you to show your appreciation to your scholarship donor by writing a thank you letter.
- Verification. The Department of Education requires us to confirm, or verify, that the information submitted on the FAFSA is accurate through additional documentation for selected students. Students can view requirements and upload documents via the Double T Dashboard. Verification must be complete before financial aid can be disbursed.
- Once a student gives a family member access, family members can view their requirements (if any) via the Family Dashboard.
- Requirements found on the Double T Dashboard
- Requirements found on Raiderlink.ttu.edu:
- Click on the MyTech tab and choose Documentation Requested under the Student Financial Aid & Scholarships menu. Select the Aid Year, then Student Requirements.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress. To maintain eligibility to receive financial aid, students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Federal Student Loan Requirements. Students using Federal Direct Student Loans as a tool to help them pay for educational
costs must complete Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note at studentloans.gov.
- Check your Texas Tech email frequently for notification that your financial aid eligibility is ready to view as well as updates or additional requirements.
- You must read and accept Terms and Conditions related to your financial aid and tell
us what part of your financial aid you wish to accept - all, some, or none of what
- For a quick snapshot of the financial aid offered to you, look at your Financial Aid Notification.
- Terms and Conditions: Sign into raiderlink.ttu.edu. Click on the MyTech tab and choose View/Accept Aid Package under the Student Financial Aid & Scholarships menu. Select the Aid Year and click on the Terms & Conditions tab.
- View/Accept Aid: Sign into raiderlink.ttu.edu. Click on the MyTech tab and choose View/Accept Aid Package under the Student Financial
Aid & Scholarships menu. Select the Aid Year and click on View/Accept Aid tab.
- Click here to access the resources from RRO / Raiderland Experience.
Find financial aid information for:
For Parent PLUS, CAL, or alternative/private loan applications, the priority deadline is July 1, 2021. Applications received after this date may require enrollment in the emergency payment plan to avoid cancelation of classes.
Terms and Conditions
Students who receive any form of financial aid have terms and conditions to which they must adhere. Students must be in a degree-seeking program to be eligible to receive federal aid. Learn more.