Avoiding Conflict: Preparing for Registration
Registration is an important activity each semester. You can make the most of this time by preparing beforehand. Here are some simple tips to help you prepare.
- Know what interests you-if you are not sure, look for course descriptions in the Texas Tech Undergraduate Catalog.
- Know how many classes you want to take-do you want to be full time or part time? Do you want all your classes to be in the morning, afternoon, or both?
- Decide what classes you most want to take, keeping in mind the courses required to fulfill major, minor, and general education requirements.
- Pick alternate courses in case the courses you want to take are closed or have a time conflict with other courses you may need.
- Know when you can schedule your classes. You need to keep in mind your work schedule and outside activities.
- Make an appointment with your advisor to discuss your registration. The earlier you schedule an appointment with your advisor the less hassle you may encounter.
This information can be found in the Advising Center at Texas Tech Advising Guide. For more information regarding the ACTT, please visit their website at http://www.advising.ttu.edu